General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,883 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks for the better info Mrs C ;-)) I was hoping that was not the case-the illegal drugs thing.

Also sorry to hear that Peter Graves passed away. This has already been a sad year which is still way too young .

Rest in Peace Peter. Loved ya in: Stalag 17-as the German Spy-and also in the Airplane movies-Texas Across the River-and such.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "RIP" Peter Graves. One fine actor, and the brother of James Arness.
    No Mission was impossibe with you on the case.
    His portrayal of the airplane pilot in Airplane is a classic. He made a touchy subject funny.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I'm sorry to report to you that Fess Parker passed away today. He died of natural causes at the age of 85. He of course will be remembered as Davy Crockett in the Disney version of the life of the "king of the wild frontier" during the 50's. Then went on to play Daniel Boone in the 60's for that title role. I liked him in The Great Locomotive Chase that I have on DVD. Anyway, seems to be sad time right now. RIP Fess, Davy, Daniel.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Fess Parker. Probably my first onscreen hero. When Disney put Davy Crockett on tv back in 1954, I was 7 yrs old and went absolutely nuts over it. I could not get enough of Davy Crockett and was disappointed when it all ended after 5 shows. Then, when Parker showed up in other Disney shows like The Great Locomotive Chase, Westward Ho the Wagons and, Old Yeller, I thought what's Davy Crockett doing on these shows. I'm sure glad Disney brought out that Treasures set of the whole Davy Crockett series a few years back because, now, with Parkers death, I will cherish it even more.

• Ill say it again, this has already been a very bad year as far aas losing great and favorite Actors.

Rest in Peace Davy ;( ill sure as heck miss you. My favorite movie with you in it is: Hell Is For Heroes as the Platoon Sergeant. I liked you for the small parts you had in both: Springfield Rifle and THEM! The Great Locomotive Chase was great as well-even if you were not a Johnny Reb.

Thanks for being Daniel Boone as well. You paired with "Yadkin and Mingo" really made for a great trio and a great first season.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• sad to here about the death of fess parker another of our hero's up in the happy hunting grounds.god rest him our beloved hero.

• just heard the death of robert culp.he was excellent in the greatest american hero and i spy.may he rest in peace

• Another of my childhood western heroes. Bobert Culp in Trackdown. Like my father would like to say. All my stars have burned out. RIP MR.CULP.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I just heard that Robert Culp passed away. It seemed that he had an accident fell and hit his head. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. It seems that it was ruled an accident. He seem to really be more of a TV actor appearing in a lot of westerns, but best known in the TV series I Spy and The Greatest American Hero. I personally thought he was alright, but I didn't spend too much time watching those shows mainly because I was too young for I Spy and in college for The Greatest American Hero. But he seemed a nice person. He was 79.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Arthur, you forgot about Peter Graves. Threes that are big on TV.

- John Wayne quote