General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,161,352 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• May they both rest in peace.

After reading the link, you have to really admire Charles Durning. A rough start and early life for any person, yet he made a great life for himself. Well done!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Loved Charles Durning and Jack Klugman. Charles mainly for Queen of the Stardust Ballroom and Jack for Quincy ME. Gone but not forgotten. Merry Christmas guys! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Durning and Klugman were both greats. I loved Durning in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. He looked like he was having so much fun doing that part. The last thing I saw him in was an NCIS episode where he played an Iwo Jima Marine veteran who thought he had murdered his best friend during the battle. I remember Klugman for Quincy though all they seem to talk about on TV is teh Odd Couple.

• Actor Cliff Osmond dies at 75
    He appeared in four Billy Wilder films, was also noted acting coach

Actor and noted Hollywood acting coach Cliff Osmond, whose long career included roles in the Billy Wilder films "Irma La Douce," "Kiss Me Stupid," "The Front Page" and "The Fortune Cookie," died Dec. 22 in Pacific Palisades, Calif., after fighting pancreatic battle for four years. He was 75.
    Osmond made his first appearances on television in 1962, guesting on shows including "Twilight Zone," "The Rifleman," "Dr. Kildare" and "The Untouchables" in that year alone. Other TV credits during the period included "Have Gun Will Travel," "Wagon Train," "77 Sunset Strip," "Batman" and "The Flying Nun."

His first film role was an uncredited bit in the Western epic "How the West Was Won."

Osmond guested repeatedly on "Gunsmoke" and subsequently appeared on "McMillan & Wife," "The Six Million Dollar Man," "All in the Family," "The Bob Newhart Show," "Kojak" and "Murder, She Wrote."

The actor's film credits also included "Oklahoma Crude" and "Hangar 18." He made his last screen appearance in the 1996 film "For Which He Stands."

Osmond also did stage work, drawing awards for appearances in Berthold Brecht's "Baal" at UCLA and in George Bernard Shaw's "You Never Can Tell" in Chicago.

He was also an occasional producer, director and writer who was nominated for a WGA Award for penning an episode of "The Streets of San Francisco."

Clifford O. Ebrahim was born in Jersey City, N.J. He majored in English at Dartmouth and earned an MBA from UCLA. He also did graduate work in theater history at UCLA.

Survivors include his wife Gretchen (Ebrahim) Osmond; a daughter and a son; and a granddaughter.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118063991.html/

• Reinhold Weege, creator, writer for ‘Night Court’ TV

By Daniel E. Slotnik

| New York Times December 13, 2012

NEW YORK — Reinhold Weege — who created the hit NBC sitcom ‘‘Night Court,’’ which won a handful of Emmys by wringing humor from a Manhattan courtroom’s night shift — died Dec. 1 at his home in San Diego. He was 62.
    His former assistant, Bonnie Covelli, confirmed the death but did not specify a cause.
    Mr. Weege had been a writer and producer for another popular sitcom, ‘‘Barney Miller,’’ when he came up with the idea for ‘‘Night Court,’’ which ran from 1984 until 1992. He was the show’s executive producer and head writer.
    ‘‘Barney Miller’’ was set in a bustling Greenwich Village police station, and ‘‘Night Court’’ followed a similar formula. Episodes featured a cavalcade of misfits in the courtroom of a quirky judge, Harry T. Stone, played by Harry Anderson.
    The show’s breakout character was lascivious prosecuting attorney Dan Fielding, played by John Larroquette. Larroquette won four consecutive Emmy Awards for outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series, a record at the time.
    Mr. Weege wrote more than 100 episodes of the series, which had a less wholesome and more madcap sensibility than contemporary comedies such as ‘‘The Cosby Show’’ or ‘‘Family Ties.’’
    “My specialty is being funny and substantial at the same time,’’ Mr. Weege told The Hollywood ­Reporter in 1998. ‘‘I want people to watch a half-hour and give a damn about it afterward.’’
    Reinhold Weege was born in Chicago. He attended several colleges and worked briefly as a reporter at a small newspaper before trying his hand at scriptwriting.
    His leaves two daughters, Tez and Alix, and a granddaughter.

• Rest in Peace General. Rest in Peace Fontella.

Speaking of that song by her--it was used in an all too short-lived TV series that Jamses Garner was in back in the late 80s or early 90s? I cant think of the name fo the show but--I loved everyone of the all too few episodes of it. Anyway, that song was used as its theme song.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Saw this posted on another mailinglist:

Just got the news that Dobie Carey passed away yesterday.

My personal thoughts and remembrances of this great guy will always be special to me, as was the few hours I spent with him in his home in Durango, Colorado in 1996.

Thanks for the memories, Dobie!

• It is confirmed, and so very sad.
    Harry had written a couple of notes,
    to me personally, and so I feel deeply
    about his passing.

He was gentlemen a fine actor and a credit to the movie industry.

He will be sadly missed

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• It is confirmed, and so very sad.
    Harry had written a couple of notes,
    to me personally, and so I feel deeply
    about his passing.

He was gentlemen a fine actor and a credit to the movie industry.

He will be sadly missed

I bought his book back in the 90's and had the inside cover signed.