General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,162,361 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Musical composer, lyricist Richard Adler dies at 90

Composer and lyricist Richard Adler, who won Tony Awards for co-writing snappy and infectious, songs for such hit Broadway musicals as The Pajama Game and Damn Yankees and who staged and produced U.S. President John F. Kennedy's birthday celebration featuring a breathy Marilyn Monroe, has died. He was 90.

Adler died Thursday at his home in Southampton, N.Y., his widow, Susan A. Ivory, said.

Some of Adler's biggest songs are You Gotta Have Heart, Hey, There, Hernando's Hideaway, Whatever Lola Wants, Steam Heat, Rags to Riches and Everybody Loves a Lover.

Adler staged and produced several shows for U.S. presidents, including the unforgettable 1962 extravaganza for Kennedy at Madison Square Garden where Monroe sang Happy Birthday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/st…als-composer.html?cmp=rss

• Don Grady, My Three Sons Star, Dies at Age 68

Actor Don Grady died Wednesday at the age of 68.

Grady passed away in L.A. after a long battle with cancer, his family confirmed to Deadline.

The actor was most well-known for his role as Robbie Douglas in My three Sons and was one of the original Mouseketeers on The Mickey Mouse Club. He joined the show when he was only 13 years old.

Grady landed his role on My Three Sons in 1960 and pursued a career in music when the show ended in 1972. He recorded an album with his collection of songs, Homegrown, in 1973. In 2008, he released a collection of songs about the baby boomer generation, titled Boomer.

He is survived by his wife, Ginny, whom he married in 1985 and their two children.

The actor also appeared on stage in Pippin, Godspell and Damn Yankees.

He is survived by his wife, Ginny, whom he married in 1985 and their two children.

http://www.usmagazine.com/cele…ar-dies-at-age-68-2012276

• Can't believe that he was that old, but it only means I am getting older. I only remember him on My Three Sons, and really enjoy the show. He was a cool dude back then. RIP Robbie Douglas.

I know Don Grady.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• RIP Don. You were one of the kids my generation grew up with. I just saw Barry Livingston, who played Ernie, recently on an episode of CSI Miami. Never see his brother, Stan, who played Chip and I believe Tim Considine, who played the oldest brother, Mike, is out of show business and writes these days. And did you know, that the late actress, Lani O'Grady, who played one of the daughters on Eight Is Enough, was Don Gradys sister.

• Doris Singleton died a day
    earlier on Tuesday 26 June 2012.

Doris Singleton was Carolyn (also Lilian) Appleby on I Love Lucy,
    and was a regular "bit part" player on numerous other TV shows in the
    1950, 1960s, 1970s, and probably into the 1980s. She sometimes
    appeared on The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy, as well as some of Lucy's
    later specials. She was on at least two ep's of Perry Mason, and also
    on Dick van Dyke, and many other shows. She was also on radio shows,
    including Lucy's "My Favorite Husband" (1948-51), and several "Suspense" anthology shows on CBS Radio from the later 1950s (CBS continued with radio drama well into the late 1950s and early 1960s, as well as some 1970s/80s radio drama revival series although the 1970s CBS Radio Mystery Theater originated from NYC --
    Doris Singleton was born in Sept.1919.

• Tell me about it Hondo, as we head toward the "backside" of sixty!

Diffidently, "RIP Robbie Douglas".

Chester :newyear:

• Darn...liked everything he was in especially Matlock. He was born right down the road from here.

Make some movies up there Andy. Sure would love to see you and Duke do one if I do indeed make it UP there some day! Who knows? You and Ward would really make a good pair, also......how about the three of you?
    KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE