General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,156,911 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Carl, in that Sgt Fury comic with the red cover, there's a character wearing a bowler hat and big red mustache. He looks like the same character that fought alongside Captain America in the movie that was out last year.

Its the same character. The character is Dum Dum Dugan. He was with Sgt. Fury, and later became an agent of SHIELD (if I remember right - it's been a long time since I read any Sgt, Fury comics! and I was more of a Sgt. Rock of Easy Company fan when I was a kid).

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I loved the car!

Same here and I also got to see it in person at the same car show I saw it at where they also had the car from: Hardcastle and McCormack and The Munsters and also an original from the Batman TV series--Batmobile.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl, in that Sgt Fury comic with the red cover, there's a character wearing a bowler hat and big red mustache. He looks like the same character that fought alongside Captain America in the movie that was out last year.

That's Corporal "Dum Dum" Dugan. I liked all the characters in the comic. They also had in a few issues--a sorta counter group to Fury's Commandoes--and it was another American commando group but I forget what they were called? They had a person who represented their version of everyone in Fury's group ;-))

• Its the same character. The character is Dum Dum Dugan. He was with Sgt. Fury, and later became an agent of SHIELD (if I remember right - it's been a long time since I read any Sgt, Fury comics! and I was more of a Sgt. Rock of Easy Company fan when I was a kid).

Oops, Bob got to it before me. Also, Dugan was part of SHIELD as well as Gabe Jones (the black guy in their unit) and I THINK Reb Ralston and sometimes the one who was the Actor.

• Its the same character. The character is Dum Dum Dugan. He was with Sgt. Fury, and later became an agent of SHIELD (if I remember right - it's been a long time since I read any Sgt, Fury comics! and I was more of a Sgt. Rock of Easy Company fan when I was a kid).

Oops, Bob got to it before me. Also, Dugan was part of SHIELD as well as Gabe Jones (the black guy in their unit) and I THINK Reb Ralston and sometimes the one who was the Actor.

Forgot to mention--Sgt. Rock and his bunch along with G.I. Combat Lt. JEB Stuart and the crew of the Haunted Tank)--were my two main comic books and I liked them much better than Sgt. Fury.

• If I remember correctly, it was always a Ferrari. Although, I DO believe there were two or three models used throughout the years. Only drove one once in my whole life....pretty cool. KEITH

I never drove one but--I DROOLED over a few during my time ;-))

• Zig Ziglar Dies

Motivational Speaker and adored person, Zig Ziglar has passed away at the age of 86. Very well respected individual. Got to see him one time several years ago. Sorry to see him go.

R.I.P. Zig

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I just read where Susan Luckey died at age 74.

She played "Zaneeta," Mayor Shin's "oldest girl" in "The Music Man," from 1962. She was also Shirley Jones and Gordon McRae's child in "Carousel."

May2 (or anyone) could you post a link to an article about this? I can't do it from my iPhone.

The Music Man has a special place in my heart, as it prominently features a barbershop quartet - the incomparable "Buffalo Bills," 1950 International Quartet Champions of SPEBSQSA (Barbershop Harmony Society).

As many of you know, I've been a member of the Society since 1979, but sang BBS for years before that, and the movie, released the year after I was born, showcased our artform (one of only 4 original American artforms) with a spectacular quartet.

• Here is a link I took from a Read More page. If It doesn't work, I will post the first one. I vaguely remember her in Carousel. Am dying to see it again, KEITH

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/05/…luckey-dead-dies-actress/

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Report: Actress Susan Luckey Dies at 74

She starred as youngsters in the famed movie musicals “Carousel” and “The Music Man.”

Susan Luckey, who played daughters in the classic movie musicals Carousel and The Music Man, died Nov. 29 at her home in Los Angeles, TMZ reported Wednesday. She was 74.

Luckey starred as Billy Bigelow’s (Gordon MacRae) kid in Carousel (1956) and as Zaneeta, Mayor Shinn’s (Paul Ford) daughter, in The Music Man (1962). In one memorable scene in Music Man, she kissed Timmy Everett while hanging upside down on a jungle gym.

Luckey's last movie role was a small part in Step Out of Your Mind (1966).
    She was married to actor Larry Douglas from 1964 until his death in 1996.
    On Broadway in the 1950s, Luckey performed on stage in the musicals Peter Pan and Take Me Along. She also appeared in the 1957 telefilm Annie Get Your Gun and the series The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show.

Survivors include her daughter Shayna.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c…key-music-man-dies-398380

• The assertion by the writer if the obit for Susan is slightly incorrect.

In the highly (and brilliantly) choreographed dance scene Robert Preston initiated in the Madison Public Library(!) for the song "Marian, the Librarian," Timmy Everett wound up hanging upside down from the library's spiral staircase when she kissed him...NOT a jungle gym.

To my knowledge (and I've been known to sometimes be mistaken), they didn't exist in 1912, the time the movie depicted.

I know it's kind of "nit-picky," but it was just a bit glaring.

• You are so very astute Russ. But then, this is your area of expertise and enjoyment. I should suspect that it would grate on you to read something of the sort. I, although interested, would never have guessed it was wrong. Then I haven't seen the show, only the movie, and that was many years ago. Would love to see it again. I love good musicals. Suppose you hated Bye Bye Birdie, LOL? KEITH

• You know...I've never seen the show all the way through, meaning the movie.

I've seen snippets of the stage version, and yes, I find it a bit...tedious. That's merely my opinion, and know that I'm a big R&H fan, having done "Curly" in Oklahoma in summer stock at age 18, and being offered the understudy to that part in the road show revival in 1979. I turned it down to take a college scholarship...I was the first one in my family to go to college.

• You know...I've never seen the show all the way through, meaning the movie.

I've seen snippets of the stage version, and yes, I find it a bit...tedious. That's merely my opinion, and know that I'm a big R&H fan, having done "Curly" in Oklahoma in summer stock at age 18, and being offered the understudy to that part in the road show revival in 1979. I turned it down to take a college scholarship...I was the first one in my family to go to college.

Well, wasn't my favorite but liked it.
    I have told everyone about you and Oklahoma! Do you know what has been running through my mind lately.....then I just break out and sing the song....my neighbors must think I am nuts when the wind is blowing right.....

One's like snow, the other more like milk! Of course I see Gordon singing it. What a voice. Would love to hear yours! KEITH