Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 61,895 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Not sure if this is a proper place to post this but, I need to before the libraries power gets shut off.

I owe Cindy and aa few replies to emails and such. I can't do so today because the library is shutting off the computers in a moment due to large nad very bad thunderstorm here.

I guess I will try to reply tomorrow.

Best regards--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• When does the new computer show up??

Only have a sec to reply. It showed up yesterday. I will send you a PM with the long story or if you want, just ask Dakota, I explained soem stuff going on with me today.

Gotta run as they are turning off the computers. Try to be here and tell more tomorrow.

Best - Carl.

• Only have a sec to reply. It showed up yesterday. I will send you a PM with the long story or if you want, just ask Dakota, I explained soem stuff going on with me today.

Gotta run as they are turning off the computers. Try to be here and tell more tomorrow.

Best - Carl.

Well send me a PM when you have a chance. Hope the computer was shipped fine!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Reason being is, that I lost my voice. Apparently when I was at the library Saturday, that I cought a VERY bad cold from someone. Later that day I was so woozy and went to bed early--only to wake up and not have a voice. Grrrrrr. :stunned:

Anyway, if I get it back by the time my Nephew gets married (on the weekend) i'll try to call.

Take care and best regards--from a woozy Ringo. :thumbs_up:

• Ringo, Take care of yourself, and get well.
    In the future. at the library, you might want to spray down the keyboard and mouse with Lysol spray,
    You never know who was touching them last.

Chester :newyear:

Thank you big C. Also, speaking of Lysol--heh heh-for the past 4 or so years I have been using either Lysol wipes, alcohol (not the drinking kind GT) or Purell Hand Sanitizer on the mouse, keyboard and mousepad (if any) Apparently I cought it from the little girl who was sick and running around the library coughing while both parents were using the computer and not paying any attention to their kid. I think im going to start taking sanitation a step further and start wearing a mask-like the kind that painters use. :glare:

Anyway, as you said-which is what ive seen too many times to count-that no telling what the other person is spreading to the keyboard by not washing hands. My roommate thinks im strange for washing my hands after almost or all, tasks. Doing so, kept me from having a cold for over two years until the last one I had.

Anyway, I wish you all to have a Happy Thanksgiving and hope everyone gets as stuffed, as their Turkey's. :wink_smile:

• QUOTE](not the drinking kind GT)[[/quote]

Now just what is that supposed to mean????? Alcohol works whether or not you pour it on you or in you!!!!!!!:wink_smile: Needless to say, I seem to be feeling just fine!!!!!!:teeth_smile: All joking aside, get better and don't worry about getting in touch with me, I will get in touch with you sometime over the holiday weekend. See ya.:thumbs_up:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Ringo, sorry to hear about you getting sick. We have had the "crud" here for about 3 weeks. It is finally just about out of here.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• ringo

look after yourself, we have a no soap hand wash which we use before we touch anything this product is suppose to kill 99.9% of the germs you pick up out and about on your hands.

hope your nephews wedding goes well and that the sun is shining for them

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Now just what is that supposed to mean????? Alcohol works whether or not you pour it on you or in you!!!!!!!

This reminds me of a story about the use of alcohol.....

Take two glasses. Fill one with water and the other with alcohol.
    Drop a worm into each glass.
    The worm in the water stays alive.
    The worm in the alcohol dies.

We all know what that means, don't we?

Drink lots of alcohol and you will never have worms. :wink_smile:

Sorry you're not feeling up to snuff, Ringo. I hope ou kick it quick. Enjoy the wedding!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• ringo

get yourself a lemon and a good bottle of whiskey/rum place the lemon on the end of your bed then get comfortable, now drink until you see 2 thats right 2 lemons and guess what your cold will be gone because the hangover will kill it off

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The first time I heard that joke was when I was watching the movie For Those Who Think Young and it was told by a new comedian (at that time) by the name of Woody Woodbury. Mark, is that where you heard it from?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• ringo

get yourself a lemon and a good bottle of whiskey/rum place the lemon on the end of your bed then get comfortable, now drink until you see 2 thats right 2 lemons and guess what your cold will be gone because the hangover will kill it off

cheers smokey

Smokey, that ain't always true. Many many years ago, I was very sick myself and I let a group of my friends talk me into going out to a club with them. Get out of the house they said. Have some fun they said. It'll make you feel better THEY SAID!!!!

Well to be perfectly honest, after a few Crown and Cokes, I quit coughing, my headache went away, my sniffles dried up, and my head cleared up and I actually felt better!!!:teeth_smile:

The next morning, however, not only was I still sick, I had a nice little hangover to go along with it. Needless to say, I laid on the couch all day thinking death would be better than this.......:wink:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Thanks to all of you for the well-wishes. Today I was able to answer the phone but not talk long. If I don't get a double-dosage of this whateveritisthatsgoingaroundhere, looks like i''ll be able to speak well enough at Jared's Wedding. This really makes me feel old, I remember changing Jared's diapers many-a-times. :wink_smile: Same goes for my two other Nephews-one of which is already married and has two cute daughters. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

GT, "not the drinking kind GT" means that I still had a bit of sense of humor left in me ;-)) Thanks for the kind words though. And if attempting to call me, best time will be Sunday because Jared's wedding is Sat @ 6PM. ;-))

Thank you Todd, and we have that same crud here every year. It never fails to amaze me at how easily it spreads. When I get it, I usually have it at least 3 weeks.

Hi Smokey and thanks ;-)) However, would Cinnamon Schnapps be a good enough substitute for Whiskey? :teeth_smile:

Hi Mark, same question to you as I posted above to Smokey ;-)) and thanks for the nice words.:wink_smile:

Hi Arthur, thank you kind sir, I greatly appreciate those kind words. :thumbs_up:

I sure hope this years bout with it will be shorter than last years was. My roommate cought it twice last year. He was about over it when he got hammered with it again. Ulllllll, just thinking about it makes my face want to burst.

• The first time I heard that joke was when I was watching the movie For Those Who Think Young and it was told by a new comedian (at that time) by the name of Woody Woodbury. Mark, is that where you heard it from?

Sorry, gt. I never heard of Woody Woodbury. I saw that story printed on a card back in 1979 and always remembered it. As a matter of fact, being that rat-pack that I am, I still have that card. My wife doesn't understand my need to hold on to things I've had for years. I always tell her, I've had it all this time, I'm not about to throw it out NOW! :stunned:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Carl - you get better, you hear!! Haven't had a cold myself, yet. But with all the fronts moving down at this time of year, my arthritis and back problems kick up every time one of those things approaches.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Thank you Jay, and tell me about the Arthritis, I have had a bad case of arthritis caused by a bad car accident I was in back in 1992 when I was age of 25. When it gets slightly cool, my left elbow joint hurts like it was hit by a Mack truck. The right elbow isn't much better. Luckily, my back rarely hurts these days. ;-))