What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,209 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Some of the latest I bought on Blu-ray. The Nutty Professor(Jerry Lewis), Once Upon A Time In America- Directors Cut, Arrow- Season 1, Transformers: Age Of Extinction 3D, Godzilla 3D, Marvel's Agents Of Shield Season 1, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D, Amazing Spiderman 2, 3D.

Also coming very soon, Gary Cooper's Man Of The West, Yankee Doodle Dandy, The Missouri Breaks, Sands Of Iwo Jima.

• Thanks for the updates.
    A Funny Thing ::::: makes me laugh every time.
    One small note Run Silent Run Deep is with Burt Landcaster not Ford.
    Very good film.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Very good film.

Yeah, I always get run Silent, Run Deep mixed up with Torpedo Run with Ford and Ernie Borgnine. Both submarine movies and both out near the same time.

Very good film.

Yeah, I always get run Silent, Run Deep mixed up with Torpedo Run with Ford and Ernie Borgnine. Both submarine movies and both out near the same time.

• This week, picked up The Beatles first film, A Hard Days Night on Blu-ray. Part of the Criterion Collection. It's a 3 disc set with one disc the Blu-ray, one the DVD and the third disc is extras. Best Buy also had Red River by Criterion, but it was the DVD only. If they had the Blu-ray, I would've bought that instead of A Hard Days Night.

• I've been doing something I swore I would never do. Not only that but my doing so makes no sense.

I've been acquiring blu-ray copies of my favorite movies. Since I'm 76 years old, spending all this money is kinda stupid since my movies (and I have a lot of movies) will either be going to my kids or to the local library. Currently, I have about $2500. worth of Blu-Rays ordered from Amazon. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Don't be so hard on yourself, Stumpy. You love watching movies, so why not watch the best versions available. I'd probably do the same thing if my finances allowed.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Keith and Mark,
    Thanks for the words of encouragement - I began accumulating movies to watch back in the Nineties (VHS days). After spending several hundred dollars on tapes, I then switched to DVDs and spent thousands on them. And when I did, I made a promise to myself to skip the next technological advance (as we knew, there would invariably be one). Now comes Blu-Ray and here goes old Jim again. Where does it all end?
    Jim

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Keith and Mark,
    Thanks for the words of encouragement - I began accumulating movies to watch back in the Nineties (VHS days). After spending several hundred dollars on tapes, I then switched to DVDs and spent thousands on them. And when I did, I made a promise to myself to skip the next technological advance (as we knew, there would invariably be one). Now comes Blu-Ray and here goes old Jim again. Where does it all end?
    Jim

Stumpy, don't feel bad. I'm guilty of doing the same exact thing myself. I don't have $2500 worth of movies ordered from Amazon, but I've seen quite a few I would like to order. I spend a lot of time at Best Buy, but about the only movies I buy anymore are the latest popular movies like the Marvel ones, or other superhero ones, or maybe a good western if one comes out. Only thing about Best Buy is that with so many of the older movies being released on Blu-ray, Best Buy doesn't stock them. They usually just stock all the latest, good or bad, or the ones they know customers will buy. Though lately, they just got some old ones like Universals Horror movies like Frankenstein and Dracula in Blu-ray, and old musicals like Oklahoma and The King And I on Blu-ray. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

• At one time, I think had about 200+ VHS movies. I then started weeding them out and replacing them with the DVD version as they came out. Now, I think have maybe about 20 VHS left, either replaced or donated without replacing them. Some VHS I had I transferred to DVD through my VCR and DVD recorder. Only a few worked, others had a copy guard. Some movies I've recorded on my DVR, then transferred to DVD. That worked out pretty good. Got some great old movies from TCM that way. I've replaced some DVD's with their Blu-ray counterpart, but only if it's a special movie to me. Did that with some of the James Bond movies and all of the Star Trek movies, and of course, Star Wars, Superman, a bunch of westerns and war movies.

• Saturday bought Sands Of Iwo Jima and How The West Was Won on Blu-ray at a place called Disc Replay. Last week I bought Expendables 3 on Blu-ray, tomorrow planning on getting Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes.