What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,395 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• the streets of san francisco 1st season
    laramie 1st season
    taza son of cochise
    border roundup a b western with george houston
    the gene autry tv western series 1st season

• Where Eagels Dare-Eastwood & Burton;
    The Hunter-McQueen;
    The Getaway-McQueen
    Dirty Harry/Magnum Force/Sudden Impact/The Enforcer
    Rio Bravo
    Chisum
    Rio Lobo
    McQ

• Hi E.J. I think the ones I have are Nrs 1-2 & 4 or 1-3- & 4/ Cant remember? I need to dig them out. Also, I see they re-installed The Black Legion in set Nr 3. They took it out for about a year or so and had replaced it with something else. Now I wish they would rerelease They Drive By Night-which was originally in set Nr 2-but replaced with something else.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi E.J. thank you for that. I have two of Bogies Signature Collections. I had not known of this one ;-)) This will be on a very near future order--just for They Drive By Night and High Sierra.

• Been on a buying spree lately and got many including: Planet of the Apes (the Charlton Heston masterpiece-not that mark walburg garbage) 300, the 2-movies set of Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights, The Tanks Are Coming, The Great Locomotive Chase, Northwest Passage and finally-because it was cheaper after waiting a few years: A Night To Remember. Actually, the last three movies were all cheaper and I saved about $25 off their original prices.

• The last few I bought were all Blu-ray. They were,

Immortals
    Green Lantern
    300/Troy/Alexander Revisited- A triple pack for $20. 3 discs in one case.

Also, about a month and half ago, a few Blockbuster stores in my area were closing up and I picked up a few Blu-rays for about $4-5 a piece.

The Great Raid
    Flags Of Our Fathers
    Letters From Iwo Jima
    Diary Of A Wimpy Kid 1&2
    Blazing Saddles
    Unforgiven
    African Cats

• Hi Jim, many nice movies there. You will enjoy The Great Raid. Can you please let me know how The Green Lantern turns out? Its one of my all time favorite Comic Book characters. Speaking oif, I just bought an animated Green Lantern movie called: First Flight-which tells of how Hal Jordan became Green Lantern.

• Forgot to mention, I just found out that two movies ive been wanting released for so long-have finally been released and ill be ordering those come Tuesday. They are: The Command w/ Guy Madison & James Whitmore Sr, and also one that was released that I thought never would be: Hannible Brooks w/ Oliver Reed, Wolfgang Priess, James Donald, Helmut Lohner, & Michael J. Pollard (as the comedy relief in the movie)

• Hi Jim, many nice movies there. You will enjoy The Great Raid. Can you please let me know how The Green Lantern turns out? Its one of my all time favorite Comic Book characters. Speaking oif, I just bought an animated Green Lantern movie called: First Flight-which tells of how Hal Jordan became Green Lantern.

Karl, my wife and I saw Green Lantern at the theaters when it first came out. My wife didn't like it much, I thought it was ok. Then a couple of weeks ago, it was on HBO and I caught part of it and thought it was much better than I originally thought. It to, tells how Hal Jordan became Green Lantern and if you watch it, let the credits run all the way through, because they show a scene that leaves the door open for a sequel. I also read the comic books as a kid and enjoyed them. One thing they do have in the movie that I don't know if they had in the comics is that there are thousands of Green Lanterns, all from different parts of the universe. So, it's the Green Lantern Corp that Hal Jordan becomes a part of.
    As for The Great Raid, I've seen a couple of times already and you're right, it is a very good movie, let alone war movie.

• Karl, my wife and I saw Green Lantern at the theaters when it first came out. My wife didn't like it much, I thought it was ok. Then a couple of weeks ago, it was on HBO and I caught part of it and thought it was much better than I originally thought. It to, tells how Hal Jordan became Green Lantern and if you watch it, let the credits run all the way through, because they show a scene that leaves the door open for a sequel. I also read the comic books as a kid and enjoyed them. One thing they do have in the movie that I don't know if they had in the comics is that there are thousands of Green Lanterns, all from different parts of the universe. So, it's the Green Lantern Corp that Hal Jordan becomes a part of.
    As for The Great Raid, I've seen a couple of times already and you're right, it is a very good movie, let alone war movie.

Hi Jim and thank you for your opinion on Green Lantern. Lantern was one of my all time favorites-that were non war and now western characters. I started out collecting only DC comics and didnt collect Superhero stuff as I spent all my money getting: G.I. Combat, Sgt. Rock, Weird War Tales, The Unknown Soldier, Jonah Hex and Scalphunter. I got into collecting superhero stuff very late. I went into a great Comic shop in San Antonio one year, traded several hundred dollars worth of comics (the popular ones at that time) for a copy of the comic book that had Hal Jordans 2nd appearance as Lantern. Sadly, about 12 years ago-someone broke into my apartment and stole it along with my copies of Captain America Comic Nr 25 (which is a Golden Age title) as well as a bunch of other goodies.

Ill buy the movie sight unseen, and glad they are starting from his beginning.

Ive never been a big Benjamin Bratt fan but, I thought he was superb in Raid. I wish hollywood would make more war movies of that caliber.

• Forgot to mention, will be ordering these additional titles soon as I log off here:

The Command, Hannibal Brooks, THEM!, The Beast From 20,000 Phantoms and possible a few others.

• They were out of THEM/Beast From..... so I got these instead:

1) Commandos Strike At Dawn w/ Paul Muni.

2) Villa Rides w/ Yul Brynner and Robert Mitchum.

3) They Came To Cordura w/ Gary Cooper, Richard Conte, Van Heflin, Dick York (the first and original Darren Stevens of: Bewitched) and Tab Hunter.

4) Miracle of the White Stallions w/ Robert Taylor and Kurt Jurgens.

5) The Command w/ Guy Madison and James Whitmore Sr.

6) Hannibal Brooks w/ Oliver Reed, Michael J. Pollard, Wolfgang Priess, Til Kiwi, and Helmut Lohner.

The prices changed a bit from yesterdays prices and I saved a whopping 36 Cents off yesterdays prices.

• By chance yesterday when I was @ Best Buy-I saw one movie worth buying from them (that I didnt have) which was: Demetrius and the Gladiators. I bought it because it was slightly under $8 Bucks. That's one of VERY few good deals that store had.

Edited once, last by chester7777 ().

• [quote='The Ringo Kid','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=110186#post110186'] I bought it because it was slightly under $8 Bucks. That's one of VERY few good deals that store had.[/QUOTE

Remember when you could find 'good deals' for under $6 Bucks, next it will be $10 Bucks. (-;

Chester :newyear:

Same here. Sometimes I could find them for from $1 buck, to about $2.50 or so. Deep discount dvd shop inst as good on prices as they used to be, nor service for that matter,