What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,911 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That's a great price. I think I'll go out and get my copies. What a deal! Oh, wait a minute. Darn! I already have those copies on Blu-ray. Man, am I a day late and a dollar short.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Lol! Hondo, sounds like we're both firmly in the early adopters camp.
    I too got these when they first came out, thankfully they were on offer as new releases so the pain hasn't been to much to bear.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hi

Went into a one of the Edinbourgh Wool shops and saw the DVD of Legend of the Lost on sale at £4.99, a snip. I had to check it because at that price I thought it might be a pirate but it was fine.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• True Grit is pretty good on Blu ray, haven't seen jj on Blu ray yet, should look spectacular.
    Still waiting for the monogram western collections after Paula mentioned them on here!

• Bought The Ten Commandments on Blu-ray the other week and also ordered some other, lesser known Charlton Heston movies from Amazon - Treasure Island, Proud Men, Mother Lode and a few others. When they all arrive I know what I'll be doing that weekend!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bought The Ten Commandments on Blu-ray the other week and also ordered some other, lesser known Charlton Heston movies from Amazon - Treasure Island, Proud Men, Mother Lode and a few others. When they all arrive I know what I'll be doing that weekend!

Nice little selection on its way to you! Can't really go wrong with Charlton Heston in my book.

• Forgot to post this but: I just bought earlier this week-the entire series Branded w/ Chuck Connors. Some notable guests on disc 1 include but not limited to: Alex Cord, Harry Carey Jr, Gene Evans and Michael Ansara.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Hondo, when you see The Ten commandments on screen, you'll be blown away. Picture is amazing and the color is out of this world.

• Forgot to post this but: I just bought earlier this week-the entire series Branded w/ Chuck Connors. Some notable guests on disc 1 include but not limited to: Alex Cord, Harry Carey Jr, Gene Evans and Michael Ansara.

Wow, that's eerie as I was a couple of clicks away from ordering that very DVD-set last night! I love Chuck Connors in everything he's in.

However, I decided against it when I learned the episodes are the syndicated versions, with 3-4 minutes cut from every episode :( I'll hold out hope that we get the uncut episodes one fine day.

Hondo, when you see The Ten commandments on screen, you'll be blown away. Picture is amazing and the color is out of this world.

Yes, I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm really looking forward to it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Just ordered:

1) The Journey w/ Yul Brynner.
    2) PT-109 w/ Cliff Robertson.
    3) Zeppelin w/ Michael York and Anton Differing.
    4) Operator 13 w/ Gary Cooper.
    5) The Defector w/ Montgomery Clift, Hardy Krueger and Roddy McDowell.

• Last movie I bought was The Avengers. If you haven't seen it, you should, it's very good. All those Marvel superheroes on one screen is nothing but a whole lot of fun. Probably one of the better and more entertaining movies I've seen this year.

• Not DVD, but blue rays of "American Horror Story" - the first season, which creeped me and my wife out big time; the second and third seasons of "Breaking Bad"; and "The Three Stooges".
    In order to see "Hatari" for the group watch, I looked for it on blue but had to settle for a 3 pack DVD of John Wayne Adventure Movies by Paramount. It contained "Hatari", "Donovan's Reef" and "In Harm's Way". The "Hatari" copy was pretty inferior. I haven't viewed the others, but don't have high expectations for them. Beware!

We deal in lead, friend.

• Didnt see this before I posted but--its made my a company called: Timeless Media? and the quality is 2nd and 3rd rate most of the time :( Some of the Color episodes looked and sounded pretty good though.

• Thank you Ringo. Ill order the first set next month along with another movie ive wanted for awhile.

I actually have volume 1 and 2. I haven't been able to get along with it, only watched 2 of volume 1. Volume 2 is still sealed! Most likely will sell on eBay or on here!

• I actually have volume 1 and 2. I haven't been able to get along with it, only watched 2 of volume 1. Volume 2 is still sealed! Most likely will sell on eBay or on here!

If you decide to sell? are they playable in Region 1 or 0? If so, I would be interested in them.

• If you decide to sell? are they playable in Region 1 or 0? If so, I would be interested in them.

Hi Ringo Kid,

They are region 1, I bought them off Amazon and had them sent over to the UK. The quality of the transfers is amazing. Call me a philistine but I just can't get my head around the singing cowboy thing! I'll post pics on here of them so you can check they're what you are looking for.
    Regards,
    Peter (Dooley)