What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,261 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today, bought The Life Of Pi and Cirque de Soleil: Worlds Away. Watched the Cirque de Soleil movie and it was pretty good. Pretty much no dialogue, but it does tell a story and provides a visual treat in seeing these people do some of their stunts, which make you wonder how they do it. Would've been better seeing on the big screen in theaters but it was still good.

• Ok, I'm going to put this here, but if someone wants to movie it to a better spot, fine.

Upcoming Blu-ray releases.

The Fighting Seabees- April 23

The Great Escape- May 7
    Viva Zapata- May 7

Cleopatra- May 21
    Gangster Classics( White Heat, The Petrified Forest, Little Caesar, The Public Enemy- May 21

Shane- June 4
    Midway- June 4

• Just bought this morning, the first season to:

Have Gun Will Travel w/ Richard Boone and some Asian guy.

The entire series for: Robin Hood w/ Richard Greene, Bernadette O'Farrell, Archie Duncan and others.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Last week I bought The Hobbit and Zero Dark Thirty. This week I bought Lincoln. All were the Blu-ray versions. Also last week, Best Buy had a number of movies on Blu-ray for a buy one get one free deal. So I picked up Lawrence Of Arabia and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. They were priced at $9.99 each, but with their deal, they were $9.99 total. So, averaged out to about $5 each.

• "Major Dundee" has crossed the Rio Bravo and is heading north to my blue ray player.
    "The Great Escape", 50 year anniversary edition has also been pre-ordered. I had the pleasure of seeing it on its opening day - Friday, July 4, 1963. Sat through it twice and went back the next day for another two viewings.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Sharpes Challenge w/ Sean Bean. I saw it by chance when I ""by chance"' just happened to be near the DvDs section at Wally-World. I bought and watched it--and its definitely worthy of being in your movie collection.

• I wasnt going to buy any more DVDs this month but--couldnt pass up 8 movies for $20 bucks. They be:

4 War Movie set of:

Anzio (which I already had)

Robt Mitchum, Reni Santoni:

Peter Falk as the Red Devil Scout/aka/""The Devils Brigade"" & Santoni:

The best part of the movie with Falk and Mitchum facing a few German snipers:

This Anzio landing image greatly irritates me because most of the GIs are carrying LEE-ENFIELD Rifles!!!!!!!!! instead of M-1 Garands:

Mitchum, Falk and Santoni (entering Rome)

Earl Holliman as the Sergeant:

• Hellcats of the Navy:

The great Communicator himself: Ronald Wilson Reagan and Nancy (soon-to-be-Reagan) Davis:

The fine Fighter aircraft as used in the movie:

"Bent Wings" on board ship:

• Now for the other four movies bought today:
    A 4 movie set of Don Knotts comedies:
    The Reluctant Astronaut:

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken:

• I just ordered the blu-rays of "Donnie Brasco" and "Touchback".

Two or three days ago, I watched both of them on either STARZ or ENCORE (can't remember which) and thought they were both so good that I wanted them for my movie library.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Bought the Blu-ray versions of the tv show, The Big Bang Theory, seasons 1 through 4. Best Buy has them for $20 each. Seasons 1 & 2 have both the Blu-ray, DVD, and Ultraviolet digital download on them. Season 3 & 4 are just the BD's. We got to watching it on tv and found it to be quite funny, especially Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper.