2010- FIFA (Soccer) World Cup- South Africa

There are 81 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 18,371 times. The latest Post () was by badger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Kieth

I agree with you Capello got the balance all wrong. Heskey is and will alway be a cart horse, I don't know what Lennon was doing on the pitch and Rooney far from being Englands saviour looks more of a liability.
    Joe Cole should have figured somewhere and if a certain goalkeeper who plays for Pompey had been playing the result might have been different but I'm not biased here.

Roll on to Friday and Algeria

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• i was very disappointed in Rooney yesterday but i thought Glenn Johnson played well. I thought Peter Crouch should have been on earlier but the USA played well and looked a strong team. hopefully, we ll both go through anyway

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Quite right Arthur, how can he play Heskey,
    and have himk in the England squad.
    when my team Aston Villa hardly play him at all!!!
    When he joined Villa, there was an audible sigh of despair.
    I agree even Calamaity James, who made some howlers,
    could't have missed that one!

The USA team are good solid team,
    and without taking anything away from them,
    Hey, wait till we have to play a team that is really good!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Yesterday I've seen England v USA and I was disappointed in Green,
    for a moment I wanted to be there for giving him a strong coffee.
    I'm agree with Badger ,I was very disappointed in Rooney too,anyway I'm very hopeful about him.
    These are things that can happen and unfortunately these things happen at the wrong times.I noticed a strategic slowly too and this is bad. I hope that Italy will not fall into the same error.:headbonk:
    Anyway this year I'm cheering for England too,since there's Fabio Capello,with the hope to increasing opportunities for celebration!
    Last but not least,I want say this,I was very impressed by the American goalkeeper, he's OK,good work yesterday.

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

• i think it might have been more difficult yesterday as many USA players play in the premier league so were pretty much of the same standard as a lot of our players. I thought Heskey did ok Keith.
    Flaca when do Italy play?

Hooked on The Duke

• I felt England were very disappointing yesterday and it would almost be safe to say that their World Cup chances are over for another four year.

With problems in goals,defence, midfield and up front, I cannot fathom how they will be successful, granted they will still qualify, however they will not get any further than the last 16.

I must also say that England would get a lot more support from other provinces within the UK if it were not for the over the top, biased and rather inaccurate sentiments that viewers are bombarded with by the English pundits and commentators, this is becoming a real turn off and yesterday I found myself almost rooting for the USA.

Regards
    Robbie

• Flaca when do Italy play?

Italy v Paraguay will be tomorrow and this will be an hard challenge for Italy...fingers crossed,Paraguay is really strong and Italy doesn't have the same force like four years ago.

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Edited 2 times, last by °°Flaca°° ().

• I felt very sorry for Green the other day. Awful thing to happen to anyone, yet alone to an English keeper :( 'hope he'll recover real soon...

Can't say our team dissappointed me in any way today. Very good game indeed. 'sorry Australia, 15 strong minutes is not enough :)

• Hi

I agree with Robbie.

I think the ITV coverage is abysmal Adrian Chiles is terrible as the presenter and it would help if the two guest experts could speak English to a reasonable degree.

The fact that they substituted a commercial meant for half time within three minutes of the match starting thereby missing Englands goal also didn't help.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• as the rep of ireland didnt make it to the finals i'll start watching it when the knock outs stages starts.thats when it will start getting intesting.

• well i m enjoying it so far especially as my "sweep" team Ghana have got off to a winning start. So far, I think Germany have looked the strongest team - i m also enjoying all the extra bits about South Africa

Hooked on The Duke

• Slovenia 2-2 USA

Terrific game, as the US fought back from 2-0 at half-time.
    Should have won, but had late goal disallowed!
    The States now have to beat Algeria in the last game of the group.

England play tonight, can't wait!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• This is awful Keith .... what is going on?? brilliant result for USA though after being 2 down. Fabio did not look too happy when he went off at half time

Hooked on The Duke

• ENGLAND WERE A DISGRACE

Looks like us Brits maybe supporting the USA
    in the next round.
    All we have to beat is Slovenia,
    who of course are better than Algeria!!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi

Awful I think England are going backwards. Rooney, Heskey and Lennon should be dropped (if it was left to me I wouldn't even let Heskey in to watch the match let alone play. Gerrard should have the captaincy taken away from him as he has no idea of what a captain has to do, give it back to Terry after all he's not the only one who can't keep it in his trousers.

As I am writing this the TV media is having a field day with the fans complaining that it is Englands worst performance ever.

Capello has no idea, the team have no shape no method, no inspiration and no motivation, Slovenia look average, Algeria are poor and the US are only reasonable but they all look better than us.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• what right does rooney have to criticise the fans afterwards - the fans did their bit by going all that way and getting behind the team all the way through. he should remember what his job is :(
    and why is capello seemingly unable to change the formation when he can see its not working. always the same with england... over hyped, over paid and under achieving

Hooked on The Duke