2010- FIFA (Soccer) World Cup- South Africa

There are 81 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 18,373 times. The latest Post () was by badger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• sorry - bit late this, but pathetic by England. The disallowed goal was unfortunate but in 4 games, England were useless in 3 and adequate in 1. I would have dropped Rooney as it was clear he was either unfit or uninterested... or perhaps it was cos he was not wearing the Man U shirt. I would also have brought Crouch on and why was Upson still on the pitch for the second half?
    Why did the players not go and aknowledge the fans at the end of the game. Bad move England. Sack Capello and Harry Rednapp for manager.
    But thats done with now and good luck to those still in

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• never seen england play so poor in a tourament.they just were'nt interest,i think they were dreaming about there holiday in the sun.it looks like capello has lost the dressing room.i would blame the media also thinking they were unbeatable going out to the world cup.

• with england and usa now out, who do people on here want to win? me, i want germany. what a fantastic team they have....and the way they tore argentina apart was magnificent. how about everyone else??

Hooked on The Duke

• I think Germany stand a great chance, but the Dutch are also organized.
    However if you want an outside bet watch Uruguay,
    they have not been beaten and are playing well,
    and Diego Forlan, is at the peak of his game.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hi

I've always fancied Holland to win they always are there or there abouts a Germany Holland final two nations that hate each other with a passion it should be interesting

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Good one to call Arthur, and half way there.
    Well it will be an all Europe final, between
    Nederlands and Germany or Spain.
    Great match tonight, from a strange, and sometimes uninspiring Dutch team,
    but they still haven't lost a match, through all the stages,
    but against a clinical German side, Ummmmm!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi

The Octopus dead on the nail again. I wonder how he would get on doing the pools or perhaps even the lottery. smart cookie.
    It should be a good final and possibly physical looking at some of the Dutch players.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Yes good call!!
    Spain appeared to be the underdogs,
    but just shows even more so, how poor we and Argentina were!
    Spain stopped Germany playing their game,
    by possession and attacking football,
    which is something we haven't quite grasped!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• the octapus has predicted a german victory today and a spain victory tomorrow :)
    why am i listening to an octapus!

Hooked on The Duke

• well spain won the world cup.it was a very poor final.all round it was a poor world cup except for a few games.

• well spain won the world cup.it was a very poor final.all round it was a poor world cup except for a few games.

VIVA ESPANA

I would agree with that, saw some great games,
    but overall, disappointing.
    For me the most disappointing thing of all,
    apart from the dreadful England effort,
    was that all of so called great players,
    failed to perform!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi

Having said that I fancied Holland to win but thought that they might be physical my fears were proven right.
    Holland used to have a reputation for playing pure football last night they were thugs.
    If Webb had acted as most of his critics are complaining about he would have had the match finished as a contest by half time and brought the final into a farce.

By keeping as many men as possible on the pitch he kept it as a contest.

I must admit I cheered when Spain scored.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• the worst thing for me, apart from englands dismal performance, was the sound of those vuvuzalas drowning everything out. highlights for me were ghanas performances and germany beating argentina. but overall not much to remember

Hooked on The Duke

• Hi All here is a Canadians perspective on it, If Canadians played their best I would say job well done, as long as they kept their dignity, for they represent a nation.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi All here is a Canadians perspective on it, If Canadians played their best I would say job well done, as long as they kept their dignity, for they represent a nation.

Murray, if only England HAD played their best,
    but sadly this was not the case.
    They were just lazy, overpaid prima donnas.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England