"The Further Adventures Of Doc Holliday"

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,248 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Paramount to Show Us Doc Holliday's Adventures

Source:Variety
    December 18, 2009

Paramount Pictures has bought Chad St. John's action adventure spec script The Further Adventures of Doc Holliday and hopes to turn it into a Western-style tentpole.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("Transformers" films) will produce via his Paramount-based company.

The studio is keeping the story under wraps, but the project is described as a history-based action adventure tale in the vein of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films.

The famously tuberculosis-ridden gunfighter Holliday is best known for his friendship with Wyatt Earp and for his role in 1881's Gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, Arizona.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I don't know if that's good news or bad-LOL! In my mind it would seem they want to do a combo-Jack Sparrow/Kilmer "Doc". Might work with the right actor, and it would be nice to see more westerns being produced.

• Doc Holliday was a sunday school role model but it works for me.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I thought Val Kilmer's portayal was genius,
    and 'stole' the movie Tombstone
    but also thought Kirk Douglas was great in his role.
    Also,
    Victor Mature in My Darling Clementine
    Dennis Quaid in Wyatt Earp

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Most of us have seen Duke's Film "The Sons Of Katie Elder," But there was a Real Katie Elder, And She was better known as "Big Nosed Kate."

The Real Kate Elder was a Wild Old Western Woman !

In most of the Films about
    "The Shoot Out At The O.K. Corral"
    They Did Not show it as it Really Was !!

The Story Below will tell you how it Really Went down, as told by "Katie Elder" in Her Own Words as She was the Only One That Saw The Shootout other than the Ones In The Gunfight !!!

http://www.ranch26bar.com/KATIE1.htmlhttp://www.ranch26bar.com/KATIE_ELDER.html

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Thanks, Bill, for giving us more insight about Kate. When we were in Tombstone in 2003 (to celebrate Duke's birthday!), we ate at a saloon/restaurant called Big Nosed Kate's, and now we have a much better idea where that name came from. I am curious as to whether she actually owned the establishment where we ate, however.

Chester :newyear:

• That was a great story. I like those old west story's. It makes sense though that in the movies that they make it more then the truth, as the truth sometimes is not as "exciting".

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Jim,
    I can't tell you for sure, but She Did Run a Brothel in Tombstone, so maybe She Served Food on the side also when She Didn't have somthing else to Do ?
    :wink_smile:
    I do know one thing, my Great Mother's Sister Did have a place for the Cowboys and The Miners to eat at in Tombstone in the late 1800s and the Early 1900s just 3 doors down from the
    "Crystal Palace Saloon"
    Called
    "Katie's Place"'
    Yes Her name was Katie Too, but Katie Camp !
    :biggrin:
    Bill
    :cowboy: