Anyone here see: The Bielski Brothers?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,697 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Are you talking about the movie Defiance, with Lieb Schreiber and Daniel Craig? If so, I have seen it and thought it was very good. One of those films you don't hear much about but, surprises you when you see it. It's based on the true story of the Bielski brothers and what they did to save some of their fellow Jews during the Nazi invasion of Russia in WW2. I've also read a book about them and saw a documentary about them on tv. Two of them migrated to the U.S. after the war and lived in the NYC area for years and nobody but their families knew who they were and what they did. Even some of their own kids and grandkids didn't know. But, now, because of the book and movie, the whole world knows how heroic they were.

• Seen Defiance and I too liked it a lot. It was different from what I expected but it kept me on the edge of my seat until the end. I haven't seen it in a while, so I might watch it again soon (maybe the weekend).

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Are you talking about the movie Defiance, with Lieb Schreiber and Daniel Craig? If so, I have seen it and thought it was very good. One of those films you don't hear much about but, surprises you when you see it. It's based on the true story of the Bielski brothers and what they did to save some of their fellow Jews during the Nazi invasion of Russia in WW2. I've also read a book about them and saw a documentary about them on tv. Two of them migrated to the U.S. after the war and lived in the NYC area for years and nobody but their families knew who they were and what they did. Even some of their own kids and grandkids didn't know. But, now, because of the book and movie, the whole world knows how heroic they were.

Oops my mistake-I did mean Defiance ;-))

I only have a sec to reply as im on timed computer but, ill be back here Sat to reply better, and thanks for your inputs-Take care-_carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..