Whats the latest item you bought that was a great buy?

There are 21 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,627 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Mods please merge this thread witgh the other one I just dont have time to try finding it to post another comment.

Anyway, my latest were 3 photos-TWO of them are Combat photos. I got all three for less than $10 bucks.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• '' Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einselhaft Zu Sprechen.. ''
    Almost perfect German! (''Es ist verboten, mit Gefangenen in Einzelhaft zu sprechen...'') :)

I just bought an US lobby card set for TWO-LANE BLACKTOP. I tried to get it for years for a reasonable price - no way. But I wanted it so badly I finally bought it for a high price.
    My last great Duke - items where 10 vintage b/w's for RIO BRAVO I bought way under price. Including one of a deleted scene (J.T. Chance checking the damaged wheel of the stagecoach! I never thought they shot that scene, but they did..)

• Not an item but a plane ride.
    a 30 minute flight aboard a B-25H Mitchell Bomber.
    I will be taking off in sept. of this year from a local airport in Philadelphila
    The name of the company is history flight.
    This is a once in a life time deal for me.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Not an item but a plane ride.
    a 30 minute flight aboard a B-25H Mitchell Bomber.
    I will be taking off in sept. of this year from a local airport in Philadelphila
    The name of the company is history flight.
    This is a once in a life time deal for me.

Sounds good, Bill. And it probably wasn't cheap either. Here in the Detroit area, we have the Yankee Air Force close by and they have a B-17 they fly around during the summer months and you can buy a ride on one for only $400. To me, that's alot of money but, it would really be worth it to fly in one of those old warbirds.

As for me buying something, I bought a new car today. A 2010 Ford Focus SEL. So far, I really like it and thought it was well worth it and since I'm a Ford retiree, I got it on Z Plan which is even better.

Edited once, last by WaynamoJim: add to message ().

• '' Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einselhaft Zu Sprechen.. ''
    Almost perfect German! (''Es ist verboten, mit Gefangenen in Einzelhaft zu sprechen...'') :)

I just bought an US lobby card set for TWO-LANE BLACKTOP. I tried to get it for years for a reasonable price - no way. But I wanted it so badly I finally bought it for a high price.
    My last great Duke - items where 10 vintage b/w's for RIO BRAVO I bought way under price. Including one of a deleted scene (J.T. Chance checking the damaged wheel of the stagecoach! I never thought they shot that scene, but they did..)

Thanks Mike. But I got this from a Sir John Mills film off of a PW camp sigh--this was in The Colditz Story ;-))

• Im in the midst of buying actors prints from the daughter of actor-Marshall Thompson-he was best6 known in Battleground and Too Hell and Back

• Correction, just nabbed my 2nd Actors print of Marshall Thompson (from his Daughter-Janet) and this one shows Thompson with feet on table in Denice's house-and Van Johnson is standing in front of the table with full GI gear on. Janet has 10 more of thee (other scenes of course) for sale and im also hoping to score another soon-which shows M/Thompson in a foxhole smoking a cigarette with John Hodiak.

these actors prints are ones of a kinds and all are from the Thompson family archive. Actors prints are a series of photos featuring a certain actor in various scenes from whatever movie he was doing and in which the studio who is making whatever movie it is-gives each each actor these "keepsakes" from the movie hes making. I dont know how many each actor got per movie but I suspect at least 20 photos or so? Anyway, im getting ones of a kind and all come with Certificates of authenticity from the Thompson family. So far I have scoed two such photos from the Thompson family and both are from the classic 1949 war movie: Battleground. These Actors prints are differennt from Studio Releases-which studio release photos could number in the dozens or even hundreds.

Photo Nr 1-shows a great shot of the cast who are still in the back of a Deuce and a Half truck-just as their convoy had stopped in the town of Bastogne-and you can see Denice Darcel standing near the truck with two children.

• Just secured a WWII German Submachinegun. Unfortunately-its a repo but, even repops are worth money these days. Mine has many working parts and also has a detachable 32 rd magazine. This from a short distance-would fool anyone into thinking it was a live-firing weapon. Normally I stay as far away from repops and deacts as possible-but for the price-I couldn't refuse it. This will help me complete a display im working on which will have an Artillery Major alongside an Infantryman.

• Secured the following and all for less than $20 combined.

1) Photo of Steve McQueen in: Hell Is For Heroes-daylight attack scene where he is assaultinig that German MG-Pillbox. Another of McQueen nighttime scene where he is leaping over the sandbags of the Americas positions where the Germans launched a nighttime raid on them. Anotherof McQueen in:: Wanted Dead or Alive, and also a Ten Commandments LC w/ Heston and Brynner in it.

• Just got a geat shot of Gregory Peck in: Pork Chop Hill. This one shows Peck and one opf his Platoon Commanders lying on the ground on Pork Chop[ Hill-which was during the morning and is the scene where that Ptn CO tells Peck to: "Send the bill to Love Company."

Also, I might have about 8 Von Ryans Express studio release pics-I have not heard a positive in it yet but, these are also some great shots-mainly with Frank Sinatra.

• had to get myself a new lawn mower as the other one died an unnatural death, shopped around after being told by a few stores that they only carry them for promos, phoned a couple of more places found one local for $20 less saved on time and petrol and time getting it. it cuts great and lad can learn how to mow the lawn now as it has no clutch handle you start it and it runs best buy of the week for me but was an expensive weekend, mum and dad helped me out now owe then some of the money

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Smokey, glad you got a new one. I wish buying a new one would rub off on my brother. He borrowed $35? from me recently to buy a used one when he could have bought a new one for less than $50 more.