Are there Cowboys in us all?

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,184 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I must say, Mark, that you are one lucky dud! I mean you are something else, but you sure have two good looking women around you. I never did a picture, but was really into the western scene in my youth. I think I had a cowboy hat and a six shooter.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Mark, I was already beat to ti but I too was going to say great photo and that for a sec, I thought it was of Lee majors ;-))

My fondest memory is when one of my brothers and I had a buckskin outfit complete with frills and all. We looked like mini Davy Crocketts and Daniel Boones. We had same color cowboy hats but no Coonskin Caps. I loved the jacket and wore it till I out grew it after a few years. I hated not being small enough to keep wearing it but, the jacket was for a kid of about 4-5 yrs old-I was able to wear it till I was about 7.

Forgot to mention that I have Cherokee Indian blood running through my veins. One of our trips to Oklahoma to go visit my Uncle Emery, we went to a real Cherokee Indian village and were inducted into their tribe. I remember their costumes, the dances, drums and best of all-the indian bread that you could smell baking from anywhere in the area.

Being I was 6 at the time and was wearing my buckskin jacket, the Chief of the tribe grabbed me and placed me on his shoulders and I stayed on his shoulders for about an hour. I was officially his adopted Son. ;-)) Other than the few thoughts above, I cant remember anything else. I was given a name but cant recall what it was? something possibly Little Red Fox? or something along those lines.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• i remember playing cowboys and indians when i was little with all of the other children who lived on the drill camp ( dad worked for the mines looking for coal seams in the bowen basin north queensland) i was always the indian was caught tied to the tree, when afternoon tea was called the other children all took off and l was still tied to the tree. i was the youngest and the easiest to catch that was why i was the indian i think:))):

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"