There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,944 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was just thinking that I hadn't seen a thread on Netflix yet and just in case some of you have not heard of or had a chance to look it over, you really need to look at Netflix. At 1st I was really skeptical, but after having it for about a year it is well worth it. You would not believe all the old western movies and older movies in general they have streaming instantly. Plus you can rent(physical media) them as well, if you don't have a streaming capable device. I pay about $11.99 a month and can watch as many streaming movies I want in a month and have 1 physical movie at home at 1 time. I watch the streaming movies through my PS3 and my 55 inch TV and the quality is good and in some cases is streamed in HD. I am not trying to talk anybody into Netflix but being since we are all western fans and they have quite a extensive line up, it is a good deal in my eyes.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Todd, ive tried them for several months when I was living in Houston and liked them. However, ever since we moved to Austin, ive not been able to save more than a few $$$$ being its too expensive to live here on what I make. Corpus Christi will soon be my home again and this time sometime in 2011.Anyway, i'd use Netflix again if I had the spare $9 bucks, but cant afford to now-which shows how tight my budget is.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I am now watching the HBO series "The Pacific". It is kind of like "Band of Brother's" but this takes place in the Pacific Theater of war and follows Marines during WW2. The first disc was good, I just received the 2 one today.

-John Wayne

• I am now watching the HBO series "The Pacific". It is kind of like "Band of Brother's" but this takes place in the Pacific Theater of war and follows Marines during WW2. The first disc was good, I just received the 2 one today.

IMO, Todd, "The Pacific" is not nearly as good as "Band of Brothers".

I pre-ordered it thinking it would be as good but was greatly disappointed. It has too much sex and too much dirty language for my tastes, aspects that BB didn't have. I know I often sound too much like a strait-laced Victorian preacher but that's not the case. Heck, as a retired GI, I'm very familiar with sex and dirty language but I still don't like it in movies and TV. Never have, never will. I'm convinced that such stuff has been a major cause contributing to the increasing coarseness of our culture.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Having only seen Disc 1(1st 2 episodes) I would agree so far that it is not as good as BB is. I will hold judgement on the rest of the series until I get a chance to watch them.

As far as sex and language, I would agree that we don't need the sex like it seems to be depicted by Hollywood and the language has a place, but it can be excessive and over used.

-John Wayne

• I've been doing the Netflix thing for over year, and love it. I was using my PS3 to stream it before I bought a Bluray dvd player that has built in wifi & netflix . Now I just stream the netflix movies thru the dvd player.

SXViper, are paying $11.99? I pay 8.99 and that gives me unlimited streaming movies & 1 dvd out at a time.

• I've been doing the Netflix thing for over year, and love it. I was using my PS3 to stream it before I bought a Bluray dvd player that has built in wifi & netflix . Now I just stream the netflix movies thru the dvd player.

SXViper, are paying $11.99? I pay 8.99 and that gives me unlimited streaming movies & 1 dvd out at a time.

$11.99 is for the Blu-Ray option.

-John Wayne