Fan Geography

There are 111 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 36,073 times. The latest Post () was by Tbone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello and welcome. It sure is a nice spot to get/share info on the world's number 1 cowboy. :cowboy::cowboy: Hope to see you around.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I am from the Verde Valley in Northern Arizona and live on a small ranch near Sedona where they made many of the old westerns in the 40s and 50s. We still have "Working Ranches" and "Real Cowboys and Apache Indians" here! Chilibill :cowboy:

• Hello everyone,First off i want to say hello to you board members and a special thank you to the person(s) involved in the creation of this website and message forums.Secondly,i live in Canada ,born in eastern canada but currently living in western canada.

I idolize john wayne,and came across this site ust by browsin through john wayne webpages.Im only 18,i know...a young guy liking the duke but i was introduced to him by my grandfather when i was just a kid....and well....the rest is self explanitory.....

I dont know of anyone in my family or have any friends that like john wayne as much as i do,perhaps they enjoy 1 or 2 of his movies though.My grandfather was the only one-but he died in 1996.

It is hard for me to have a good conversation about the duke...as noone has interest,hence i am hoping to have some good ones here.

John wayne memrobelia is very scarce around here....including the movies themselves (some of which i have paid in upward of 50dollars for.It upsets me that they have all this stuff on james dean etc who was hardly a star (im sorry not trying to hurt anyone) but he was only in a FEW films and his impact was nothing compared to the duke.I wish for my collect of duke memrobelia to grow...but a few concerns are getting things from abroad and from strangers and people ripping me off....money is NOT really an issue when it comes to john wayne stuff though.

anyways,hope to speak to you all soon.

regards...

-Rock

• Rock,

WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board!!

You will definitely find yourself among kindred spirits here, and will have no problem finding like-minded folks with whom to discuss the Duke.

I'm glad your grandfather had such an influence on you (and sorry to hear that he is gone). I hope I might influence some of my grandchildren in the same way. I do have one of my children who is quite the Duke fan (give him a couple of more years, and he'll probably be hanging around here as well - he's almost 8 years old right now). We have several young folks around here, so you aren't alone in your youth or your love of the Duke!

It sounds like you are paying WAY too much for John Wayne movies (although we'd be happy to sell you any title you want from our collection for $50 - we'll even cover postage - :lol: - just kidding! At $50 each, we're sitting on a fortune here!). Do you have a DVD player? Check out Deep Discount DVD for great prices on DVDs (and FREE shipping). Only have a video player? Amazon has a pretty decent selection of new and used videos, and I've added to my personal collection from eBay as well.

eBay also has an interesting selection of memorabilia, but all the concerns you have are quite valid. One member on the board, itdo, has offered good advice on that kind of stuff, elsewhere on the board. He is very knowledgeable, and has some good contacts to help determine authenticity.

Again, welcome to the board! We look forward to getting to know you, and hearing your views on the many topics here.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Well thankyou from the warm welcome chester,i am checking out deep discount dvd as i write to you!,im sure ill be here for a while....dreaming and possibly getting the visa out and making a perchase or two :).

-Rock

• Greeting's all,
    I am from the West Coast Long Beach California in Los Angeles County. A great place for a John Wayne fanatic like myself as I have the great privilege of going to the same restaurants, clubs, bars and other locations that John Wayne used to frequent I am only 20 miles from his home town Newport Beach, CA. I take Pacific Coast Highway all the way(i'm sure everyone feals real sorry for me). Everywhere he has been has some sort of memorabilia and I sometimes get to hear great stories about him. There is a sports bar in Newport called NBBC Newport Beach Brewing Company they have a micro brewery and brew a special award wining Stout called John Wayne Imperial Stout I will attach a photo of a coaster from my collection. If you like Guiness you will really enjoy the John Wayne Stout I think its even better and I drink it by the bucketful! Anyway this is a truly awesome site I wish I would have found it sooner. :headbonk:

• Welcome again, JOHNWAYNEABE! I think when the poll was first made, there weren't as many options for listing, and somehow the West Coast didn't make it to the poll. Since then, the board has been upgraded, and more options are allowed, so as moderators (and being from the West Coast of the US :D ), I took it upon myself to alter the poll just a little, adding West Coast, and thus being able to join in the poll.

While in the US Navy, I spent a couple of years in Long Beach myself. The PCH was one of the main routes north and south, as the 405 hadn't been built yet (am I dating myself :rolleyes: ?). I just wish I had had the interest in John Wayne that I have now, so I could have taken advantage of being there while he was still alive, hanging out in Newport Beach, getting autographs and photos, maybe going through his garbage can . . . <_< . . . well, maybe not quite that far . . . .

Even though you didn't find us sooner, at least you've found us now. Check out the topic The Duke's Chili - it would go great with that stout!

Chester :newyear:

• Chester7777,

That recipe was so good :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!! My wife and I tracked down every ingediant by name that was mentioned(brand names)and made it as close as possible to the way John Wayne had it. I had it for dinner then breakfast and lunch :stunned:
    I guess you could say I have issues :jump:
    However that was without a doubt the best chili I ever had. Any more recipes you know of that John Wayne liked? Thanks Chester7777!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT THE BRANDY YOU DOPE!

• I come from a small town in the state of Victoria in AUSTRALIA

I know, I know. I'll use proper judgment. I haven't lost my temper in forty years, but pilgrim you could've gotten somebody killed today and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth, but I won't. I won't. The hell I won't! ---John Wayne

• I come from a small town in the state of Victoria in AUSTRALIA

I know, I know. I'll use proper judgment. I haven't lost my temper in forty years, but pilgrim you could've gotten somebody killed today and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth, but I won't. I won't. The hell I won't! ---John Wayne

• Hello

I would like to introduce myself. I live in British Columbia, Canada and have always enjoyed John Wayne movies. I'm glad to have found this forum. The posts are great fun to read and the members here are very friendly.

Best regards
    Ron
    Wagon Driver

• Wagon Driver,

Glad you found this topic. Hope you will explore this board to see what we have here. We have so much here that it takes a little time to get around but it's worth it.

When you get the chance go ahead and type in your interests. We'd like to get to know you better.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I was born and raised in Kingsville, Texas (home of Texas A&I university as well as the world HQ of the King ranch) I now reside in a slightly larger city about 40 miles from Kingsville. :cowboy:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I was born, raised and still live in Hollywood, Florida. Hollywood is just north of Miami and just south of Ft. Lauderdale. We managed to dodge two bullets named Frances and Jeanne this past hurricane season.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• I was born in Texas, mostly raised in southern Oklahoma until I turned 17 and became old enough to join the military. I then spent the next 25 years seeing various parts of the world. Currently live in north Texas.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Everyone -

As I have posted elsewhere on this Newbie site, I am a native San Antonian, live just about 3 miles from the Alamo, and just recently discovered this venue. I've been a John Wayne fan for as long as I can remember - that goes back a ways since I just turned 62 a few months ago.

Anyway, I'm glad to have discovered this forum. Looks like a great place to exchange ideas and information about the Duke and related items.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Jay Foraker

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay!
    do they still have that show right across The Alamo in which you see a three-dimensional "ghost" of Crockett, shooting Old Betsy right into the audience? that was a lot of fun!

• Hi Itdo -

I've enjoyed your knowledgeable posts on this site. To answer your question, I honestly don't know if that is still there or not. They say that the local population is less likely to know information about its own back yard than others not from the area - not seeing the trees because of the forest so to speak. The city fathers have made a big effort to revitalize the downtown area in the last ten years and, to some extent, they have succeeded. But, in the process, a lot of businesses have changed or totally disappeared, while others have sprung up seemingly overnight.

Sorry I'm not very helpful on this question.

Anyway, a happy Thanksgiving to you and all visiting this board.

Jay

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I am from deep in the midwest. Actually right in the middle of the country, Kansas. I was born and raised here. I grew up in a small rural community and spent all my free time on my grandparents farm. I have always been outdoors and around cowboys, yes there are real cowboys in Kansas. :cowboy:

I hear what you are saying, InHarmsWay, about being around family and others who don't share your intrest in the Duke. I have always had a hard time finding others to talk to who shared the same level of intrest and that is why I was thrilled when I found this site. I knew there had to be others out there it just took awhile to find everyone. Glad you found the site.

Later everyone

Baby Sister :D

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara