Sad news,Our member Redcap has sadly passed away.

There are 32 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,992 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Dear Sharon - my condolences on your loss. Like a number of members here, I didn't know Bill (Redcap) was your dad either. Keep strong through this trying period and know the members here are having uplifting thoughts for you.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• thanks everyone ringo (carl) yes he was a true gentleman we have told people about his passing and then we hear that others who we didnt know knew him as well, as my sister said just yesterday you tell someone and there seems like 10 others who knew him as well. he touched so many peoples lives.
    cheers smokey

Thank you Smokey, and he did make mine better. You are all in my nightly prayers.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• thankyou everyone

we had redcap's (bill) service today and even though it was a trying time it was a beautiful service many of his friends turned up and my son said the eulogy for the grandchildren while i spoke on behalf of my mum, brother and sister.

thankyou all for your thoughts at this time for my family it is greatly appricated

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Smokey,
    Sorry I did not say this before, but you know how seldom I am around here anymore, but my sincerest condolences go out to you and your family.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Sharon, This is very late but I wanted to personally express my sorrow for your loss. It is hard to say goodbye, but it does get easier as time goes on. You will always miss him, but you have those fond memories of your relationship with your dad. This coming Christmas will be 10 years since my father's death, and I still miss him, but still have those fond memories. Keep them and let them bring you comfort as it has for me. You will be missed redcap. Thanks for your time here on this board. And Sharon, know that your family here cares for you always.

Cheers (taken from you) :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• thankyyou everyone we have been getting there some days its ok but others it is hard, mum is still coming to grips with it all i know this will take her time and much support. we still have so much to do but when it is all finished things will be sorted out we have paperwork coming out of every where so much for a paperless society i think we have done a forrest of trees in the last couple of months lol

cheers smokey

• Speaking of people with your Dads name-just this Friday when I was doing my first day of Salvation Army volunteer work, I was ta a WM in Calallen. Well, at about 6 PM, I saw two friends I had not seen for 3o years and 16 years-respectively. I had not known they knew each other let alone were related to each other. Anyway, I had not seen Bill-and John (their first names) in those amounts of time. I mention this because, it was a coincidence that their first names were the names I knew your Father by ;-))

If I dont get a chance to mention this at the proper time--Merry Christmas to you from: the Ringo Kid ;-))

• ringo im glad you got to meet up with your friends after such a long time just a happy conindence that they have the same names as dad.

merry christmas to you and yours this year, keep safe

cheers smokey

• ringo im glad you got to meet up with your friends after such a long time just a happy conindence that they have the same names as dad.

merry christmas to you and yours this year, keep safe

cheers smokey

Hi Smokey and many thank yous to you as well and Merry Christmas. Im finally getting more organized here in between volunteering and going to various Drs. Im going to try to get some Christmas cards out before too late? I have a good friend from South Africa whose parents live in England and are not so well off. I have a lot of folks to say prayers for so the Lord gets a lot fo messages from me.

Take care and I wish you the best and your always in my thoughts--your friend-Carl.