Its because of photos like this one, is 1 of the major reasons why I love collecting

There are 22 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,529 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Many here know I love collecting images-either originals from WWII and also movies images.

I have around 20 like this one but, this one is one of the better ones. It is a shot fired from a German Heavy Artillery Piece at night. I have quite a few that show FLAK 88s firing at night as well as other Artillery Pieces. This is WWII and somewhere on the Eastern Front. Ill not know exactly untill the photo arrives.

Im not sure what MM this one is-probably a 120MM gun or something similar.

http://www.historical-media.co…a/images1/untitled207.jpg

I cant seem to remember how to attach a photo here, this is the best I cna do.

• Impressive!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Impressive!

Thank you Bob. Ive got about 20 more like this--meaning nighttime action shots. I have several daylight action shots too. ;-))

This is the first original pix ive bought since moving back to Corpus and ill be getting more as time goes by. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Almost forgot, if they had to manhandle this caliber of gun into position? they would require at least a full 48 man Platoon to do so. I saw a photo of such a platoon moving one of these into position and on flat ground, and you could tell they were having a very tough time of moving that piece.

• More of mine and one of my most favorite:

A German MG team inside a bunker looking out. I have 2-3 of these and they are THAT rare.
    http://www.histomil.com/download/file.php?id=1394&mode=view

And another favorite of mine:

A combat shot of Germans under Mortar fire.

http://www.histomil.com/download/file.php?id=1389&t=1

and: KOed Russian T-34 Tank.

http://www.histomil.com/download/file.php?id=1488&t=1

and: A German Soldier clowning around wearing a captured Russian helmet.

http://www.histomil.com/download/file.php?id=1890&t=1

Sorry I couldnt get these to post trying that photos thing here-the option never came up when I tried.

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• One of my favorites is the Iowa class Battleships doing a broadside with nine 16 inch guns all firing at the same time. That would wake someone up, right now! A friend from my Naval Reserve days (15 years ago) volunteered for special active duty, to serve aboard the New Jersey as it cruised off Lebanon. They fired the guns several times during his stay.
    He had some great stories to tell.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Jim

A couple of months after I came back from Bath (June 1987) the Iowa came into Portsmouth and berthed alongside. My son came into the base to see the ship and we were given a guided tour, which included giving him a cap from the ship.
    One of the pictures (which I didn't get) was of the ship firing all of her guns in a broadside.

Fast forward twenty two years and I am sitting in the Mary Rose Museum talking to an American couple. During the conversation it transpires that this gentleman was the boatswain on the Iowa and coxed the ship into the Harbour. I mentioned the picture of the ship firing a broadside and he explained that if the guns all went of together the ship would virtually shift dramatically to one side. Instead he told me that there is a split second delay between each gun firing to alliviate this motion.

I told him about the picture and he replied that he had a photograph of the Iowa firing a broadside and that he would send it to me. I thanked him and he left after a delightful conversation, and I forgot all about it until a couple of months later a parcel arrived and lo and behold he had sent the picture which looked very impressive.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• One of my favorites is the Iowa class Battleships doing a broadside with nine 16 inch guns all firing at the same time. That would wake someone up, right now! A friend from my Naval Reserve days (15 years ago) volunteered for special active duty, to serve aboard the New Jersey as it cruised off Lebanon. They fired the guns several times during his stay.

Ive seen some great images of our Battleships taken in WWII and some in korea. The WWII images are high in price and few and far in between. I tried for some about a year ago but there were bidding wars going on and each and every photo I tried for-sold for well over $150 each--which is nuts to say the least. These SHOULD not have gone for even $50 each but??? a foolish person and his money are soon parted. :lol::lol::lol:

Alos, those photos of American bombers in WWII with the nose art--even garbage-like photos are commanding at least $50--the good pics sometimes over $100-for a snapshot.... :-(( Ive tried for a few of those over the years--never snagged one yet. I will sometime though--I will. I did snag a few shots from the 82nd Airborn Division's Football team-that were taken in late 44 and also after the war but still in 45--when they were playing some other unts football team in a Berlin Germany staduim.

I just found one today that shows an American Aircraft Carrier in the Pacific in WWII. I don't think the ships name is known as the seller doesnt list if there was writing on the back or not? but-it shows a deck full of Fighters and Dive Bombers on it. Cheap price too-about $20 if I remember?

• Take a picture of it with your camera, and load that onto you computer. Might work :pipe1:

Mark

Good point Mark, how stupid of me, I should have said that!
    That's what I have done with all my old photographs.
    In fact nearly all my web site stuff has been
    added in this way.and looks better then most scans!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England