Anybody ever heard of this site before?

There are 20 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,351 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I hope they are a good source with good prices for DvDs. I would love to quip buying from Deep Discount. Those people are ticking me off to no end since December. Ive ordered from them 5 times since then, and four of the orders were messed up some how. The fifth one was when they were all damaged in the mail since they don't seem to like using boxes any more.

If there is a better source for DvDs? please let me know. Soon as I get my refund from DDDvD settled and such-I want a better place to start doing business with.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks for your opinions. Ive only used amazon a few times-not because of anything against them, but I always forget that they exist ;-)) I was thinking of ordering the last 2-3 seasons of Daniel Boone through Amazon so that I can finally complete the series.

Deep Discount ir really irking me these days-their customer service about half the time is lousy at best-sometimes I get lucky and get a good person and things go smoothly but-not the last few times.

• Deep Discount is my last resort, as they are pricier than Amazon on a lot of things, and sometimes they are more expensive than the few stores I have around here. Deep Discount has nearly priced themselves out of my range, especially when I can go through Amazon's marketplace and get some great deals.

• Deep Discount is my last resort, as they are pricier than Amazon on a lot of things, and sometimes they are more expensive than the few stores I have around here. Deep Discount has nearly priced themselves out of my range, especially when I can go through Amazon's marketplace and get some great deals.

I think ill check Amazon more when looking for more movies. TCM imo--is also way over-priced. The main reason I still used DDDvD-is only because they seemed to still have one of the best selections of movies I like but-they also have tons of garbage too. Ill do some looking on Amazon and see whats available? If they look better than DD--ill never place another order with them again.

• I think ill check Amazon more when looking for more movies. TCM imo--is also way over-priced. The main reason I still used DDDvD-is only because they seemed to still have one of the best selections of movies I like but-they also have tons of garbage too. Ill do some looking on Amazon and see whats available? If they look better than DD--ill never place another order with them again.

In my opinion, Amazon is just awesome. They have a marketplace where can sometimes get a great deal on stuff. The only downside is if you buy multiple items from the same seller, they don't combine shipping. But the risk of getting ripped off is minimal because they set t hings up in the buyers favor.

• In my opinion, Amazon is just awesome. They have a marketplace where can sometimes get a great deal on stuff. The only downside is if you buy multiple items from the same seller, they don't combine shipping. But the risk of getting ripped off is minimal because they set t hings up in the buyers favor.

That sounds good to me. I have bought from them but last time was several years ago-and I dont remember having any trouble then. I think DDDvD.com has soon seen the last of me and my money. They have more than irritated me and ive given them several chances to get better-but does not look like they will improve.

• I probably should go back and edit all the posts where I recommended DDDVD for all of Dukes movies. . . . NOT!
    The Deep Discount DVD of eight or nine years ago, is not the Deep Discount of today !

This is the Official Notice to all, when you see a recommendation, by me, of Deep Discount DVD, disregard it, and immediately go to Amazon.com. :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• I probably should go back and edit all the posts where I recommended DDDVD for all of Dukes movies. . . . NOT!
    The Deep Discount DVD of eight or nine years ago, is not the Deep Discount of today !

This is the Official Notice to all, when you see a recommendation, by me, of Deep Discount DVD, disregard it, and immediately go to Amazon.com. :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

I actually brought you to the site when I discovered it. The source prior to Deep Discount DVD was DVD Express. They no longer exist. The problem with DDDVD was they expanded to other markets, and that's when they lost integrity with their business.

I haven't really ordered online for quiet some time. I did back in January for the new blueray release of To Kill A Mockingbird, because of the great deal from Amazon.com (don't tell anyone, that is my business' competetion). I am somewhat choosy now because of the quality of movies out today, and blueray release of classics.

I sometimes get the blueray, DVD, Ditigal Copy release of the movie, which most of the classics don't have, but my purchasing of the movies have slowed down. I am waiting for the release of the rest of the John Wayne movies that have not been released yet on blueray or DVD (there are a few left), The Song of the South, and some others. I am realling looking for the James Stewart movie from 1961, Two Rode Together (never released on DVD in the U.S.).

I don't know when I last visited DDDVD, but I was very disappointed with what I saw. Must have changed hands. So, I don't go there anymore. It was great with service especially with the new releases. I would sometimes get new releases on the Monday before it came out on the scheduled Tuesday, but most of the time, I'd get it on Tuesday. The "all-ready" released movies were slower. I had to wait as long as two weeks one time, so it was the new releases that I was looking for. Yea, I also recant my recommendations on Deep Discount DVD.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, we sure remember you making the first reference to Deep Discount. At the time, they were very competitive as far as pricing, always FREE shipping. Between the two of us, they got tons of "free advertising". Those were the good old days, when we were joshing back and forth over DDDVD :wink_smile:!

But more recently, as you point out, they have spread out in what they offer, and they certainly are no longer particularly competitively priced any more.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I agree wiht you all about DDDvD.com. I started buying from them several years ago-and most likely I learned of them from you all here. I remember when they were great to deal with as well as ALWAYS had the better prices and ALWAYS shipped in boxes. I NEVER had any problems with them untill last year. Now they ship in plastic that has no padding in it and everytime cept one when shipped like that, my stuff always came damages-holes in the DvD containers and such. Ive complained about that and requested everything I order be shipped in cardboard boxes-but they STILL have not paid attention to my wishes. I think this last fiasco is the straw that broke the camels back for me on them.

Other than Amazon, are there any other good sources for DvDs?