There are 19 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 16,506 times. The latest Post () was by Hawkswill.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All,

I've heard a lot of talk recently about people going to psychics whether it be in person or simply online and getting readings, have any of you done this and if so what are your views on it?

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi There Robbie,

I have known many who went in the old days to the bunko artists.
    However, I am beginning to believe that there just MIGHT be something to the folks who can get glimpses of things that have happened...not will happen, but "have". I believe there are a few very controlled scientific studies being conducted with the help of some of these people. I don't have a clue as to what I think about it all except.....I like to see the scientific evidence. But, if I had the money, and a loved one of mine was missing, I wouldn't NOT take the help of a psychic to find them or what happened to them.
    What do YOU think about it, and is there a specific reason of your interest that you can share with us? I know of one retired NYC detective, (same one who taught me to shoot a pistol), who called on a certain woman when they had missing person cases. KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I just heard a few people at work advise of success stories with them, so for a laugh I did an online reading and was told that I would get back with an ex whom I broke up with almost a year ago - it just got me thinking as the psychics nailed a few things that they could not have known.

Regards
    Robbie

• Well Robbie, from what I have heard, the "true", if there are any, psychics usually need to be near something that has to do with the whole thing. But through the years, the "bunkos" can always find a way to twist things around to make you believe they know something. Did she/he ask you any questions? I wouldn't be holding my breath about the Ex.
    But, maybe others on here have had similar experiences to yours and they came true. So, I will keep quiet and let them "come out" and tell you their stories!
    An old friend of mine did this type of thing for fun. She learned how to ask certain questions, etc. and she amazed everyone....even me, LOL!
    Keith

• Well Robbie, from what I have heard, the "true", if there are any, psychics usually need to be near something that has to do with the whole thing. But through the years, the "bunkos" can always find a way to twist things around to make you believe they know something. Did she/he ask you any questions? I wouldn't be holding my breath about the Ex.
    But, maybe others on here have had similar experiences to yours and they came true. So, I will keep quiet and let them "come out" and tell you their stories!
    An old friend of mine did this type of thing for fun. She learned how to ask certain questions, etc. and she amazed everyone....even me, LOL!
    Keith

I'm not going to get too excited by the reading but it was interesting. She knew what my ex worked at which would have been impossible to guess, the fact that it was me that did the breaking up and how she felt afterwards.

Regards
    Robbie

• I wonder, was there time in between for her to be able to look up things on the net? If not.......maybe there IS some truth to the whole thing. Just hard to believe. CYA, KPKEITH

• I wonder, was there time in between for her to be able to look up things on the net? If not.......maybe there IS some truth to the whole thing. Just hard to believe. CYA, KPKEITH

The information was given straight away via a live webcam, I only give my first name so it would have been impossible to find online and this information is not online anyway.

Regards
    Robbie

• Oh, so have you gotten a psychic on the internet also? Maybe I should......find out whether or not I should continue to fight this world, :omg:

• Psychics seems to run in phases where I live. They come up from time to time depending on what's going on in the world today.

They seemed to be very popular back in the late 60's during the US involvement in Vietnam, then around '74-'76 during the gas crises we seemed to see them in demand again.

And about the time that movie "Ghost" with Patrick Swayze and Whoopie Goldberg made its way to the silver screen, here we go again. I have to admit that it hasn't come up since. Maybe it is because most of them were in the twin towers on September 11, 2001. I just haven't heard much about it since.

But seriously, in my opinion, these people seem to pop up when we are in some sort of crises. And I know there are some around, I am talking about popularity.

My two cents worth and I may be over charging here, it is a hoax. They can say anything and suggest something that makes you believe that they are real, but in fact we all face some hard aches in life that can be triggered by suggest tales. I did a paper on Psychics back in college a while back in a psych class and that was before the internet. I actually did some really extensive research on the subject.

And if there is anyone here a Psychic, find a real job and stop taking advantage those people.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Does that mean that the palm reader who told me I was going to live to be 100 was lying?

:afraid: OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Does that mean that the palm reader who told me I was going to live to be 100 was lying?

:afraid: OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol

Mark

Mark, she WAS lying,
    I spoke to her last night,
    and she told me you'd live to 105!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thank you, Keith and Keith. I was getting worried.

As far as Psychics go, I guess I am on the fence. I've seen some that were bad, and I've seen some that were astounding in their work. I believe there are some out there with the gift, and others who pray on people for profit. Those are the ones who make most people not believe. I do believe there are many things in this world that are beyond my comprehension, so I can not prove or disprove.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Well, you are welcome, Mark. No worry if there are two Keiths watching over you unless they are both male Keiths! :wink_smile:

I pretty much believe as you do. As I told Robbie, there a few "trials" or experiments going on now that may prove that some do have a kind of a gift. But, look out for those that just prey upon other's needs! Keith, the other one.