In the Secret Service of James Bond

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi board!

Although the topic of James Bond is not really close to John Wayne, I thought it might interest some of you that my new book has just been published in the USA and UK: it is the story of Stefan Zürcher, who's movie credits are as long as my arm. He was a stuntman, 2nd Unit director and Location Manager - on big classics like "Cabaret" as well as on some bombs like "Ishtar". But above all, he is part of the “Bond family”. Whenever a sequence in the new 007 movie called for stunts in mountains and on glaciers, Barbara Broccoli - who wrote the foreword for us - said: "Call the Snowman!" And that's when the phone rang.

Available from Amazon and other online sellers:

www.amazon.com

He rode a sled with Pierce Brosnan, went golfing with Sean Connery, drank red wine with Friedrich Dürrenmatt, went hiking with Jon Voight and served as a double for the (then) most beautiful man in the world, Robert Redford. After an exceptional 55-year career in the movie business, Stefan Zürcher tells stories of hair-raising stunts and ludicrous shenanigans on film locations, the likes of which can only happen in the world of cinema. The life story of this Bernese Oberländer shows what happens behind the scenes of unforgettable movie classics: how he bulldozed the dunes of the Sahara for Warren Beatty, went on a pub crawl with Liza Minelli on Hamburg's Reeperbahn or almost froze to death in an igloo on orders from James Bond, and much more!