The Great Escape

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,313 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Very nice article about some very brave men. The movie was awesome. and they are releasing a special edition 2 disc dvd on May 25th. I have the first dvd, buts its in letterbox and the new version will be in widescreen. Thanks for posting that article Stumpy.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Stumpy

The article was intersting and the book is very good as well particulary with its dedication to the fifty.

In the article one of the former escapees said that escaping was looked on as a game or sport apparently after the great escape word was passed to the prisoner of war camps from the allies suggesting that future escapes should be abandoned because the rules had changed.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• "The Great Escape" was my favorite Richard Attenborough role, although I also liked him in "The Sand Pebbles" and "Brannigan".

And I think "The Great Escape" is the only movie I ever saw in which Donald Pleasance plays a "good guy" instead of some kind of psycho. :blink:

De gustibus non est disputandum