Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 643,032 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Every town has to have a town drunk... on forums we call them spammers. Posting one liners to build up a post count to look good. Thank goodness we have ignore lists.

• JJ, Duke, gt12pack & Ringo. Thank you for the warm welcome. Hope I didn't miss anybody. Hey, I'd rather be a town drunk than a tenderfoot. Even Otis from Mayberry was a likable guy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who you callin' tenderfoot ?

• Welcome Eddie!

I think you're gonna like it here. Lots of good folks on this board. Enjoy the ride!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• JJ, Duke, gt12pack & Ringo. Thank you for the warm welcome. Hope I didn't miss anybody. Hey, I'd rather be a town drunk than a tenderfoot. Even Otis from Mayberry was a likable guy.

Once you hit 10 posts you become a Pilgrim, then 50 posts for a Town Citizen and 100 posts for a Town Council member. By then you'll have learned the ropes.

• Howdy Pardner's,

I found this site yesterday in Google along with the new official John Wayne site. Had to use a magnifying glass to read the other site. Hope they correct that.

So far what I have discovered here is great and this will be a place I visit often. I have loved John Wayne my entire life. The first 2 words put together by my granddaughter were John Wayne. I have this big picture of him on my wall and would always carry her to look at it. Of course, everyone thought it was adorable when her tiny voice said his name.

I had a friend at church who was related to him. Their last name was Beck, and boy did they have those high cheek bones! Great people.

Want to wish a "Happy Mother's Day" to all the women here. On that note, I need to run and get ready to spend it with my family.

So glad I found this place!

Adieu,

Cindy

• Welcome to the site Cindyrella. I am sure you will love your time here.

On a side note with have a dog named Ella, we had or kids name it and they wanted to name here Cinderella but we didn't want to be standing outside hollering for Cinderella!! We did that once before when we had a cat named Elvis. I was outside one night yelling for the cat, yeah, I know like they come when they are called. Anyways after I yelled a couple times a neighbor down the street yelled back, " He left the building!!!" I went in the house and told my wife she could go outside and yell for the stupid cat, I was done!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Wanted to thank all of you for the words of welcome.

And as for you, SXViper, your story about your cat, Elvis, made me laugh until I cried! Sure needed a good laugh, thanks! I owe ya one. One day when I have time I will share a funny story about the place where my nickname came from. Even though Cinderella and I have a lot in common, it was not I that came up with the Cindyrella. The story even includes a Prince wanna-be.

For now I will wish you all sweet dreams and may The Duke watch over us as we sleep....Catch ya on the next roundup.

Cindy

• Welcome Cindy! Glad to have you with us!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• New postin' feller here. I hope to share what li'l I know abt the Duke and learn a heck of a lot more, in addition to possibly making some cyber-friends along the way.