Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 646,367 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Buck,

A hearty WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board, the best of it's kind this side of dot com! Grab a cup of coffee and pull up a seat and join in the discussion. You'll find this to be a friendly and knowledgeable group, and there are many good discussions around, as well as some fun things to do like the (usually) weekly Picture Game and What's on TV?

Chester :newyear:

• well hi all from London England. I was so pleased to find this forum...you have managed to create a wonderful resource for us all...really excellent. Doubtful I can add to it but thanks for the chance to find out more about my favourite screen Icon.

Bryan - essexdukefan

• Hello essexdukefan, welcome to the website. We have a great group here, I am sure you will have fun.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Brian - so glad you could join us. WELCOME! We're a right friendly bunch here and notice you have become a part of our British contingent of which there are several. Enjoy!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Welcome to the board, essexdukefan. Glad you found us. You'll fall right in with the rest of us fans and I'm sure you'll contribute just fine by being part of the group. :thumbs_up:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Welcome essexdukefan!

This is a great board with great fans of the Duke. You'll learn lots here.

Enjoy your ride!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Hello fellow John Wayne fans!

A pleasure to join up here on this message board--found this as a link to the new John Wayne site: like the Duke, shall make cameo appearances here when I get two minutes to myself (although it will be longer than his cameos in "How The West Was Won" or "Cancel My Reservation"!)

I am also a huge Laurel and Hardy fan (Oliver was his co-star in "The Fighting Kentuckian" and the Duke and Herbert Yates visited Stan and Oliver on the set of their final movie "Atoll K" in France in 1950) and it's heartening to know that all of the greats haven't been forgotten.

Cheers! -- Brian

• Hey Brian,

And Welcome to the greatest message board of it kind to talk about a great American, John Wayne. Hope you will browse around and see what we have here about the Duke. Have fun here!

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Welcome to the board, Brian! If a few minutes or a few hours is all you can spare...doesn't matter. All is time well spent here.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Many thanks SX Viper, Chester, Hondo, Mark and Jay for the great welcome: this is a terrific message board and will certainly be a regular outpost in my cyber-travels (rest the horses here at 'Fort Wayne' for a while!) :thumbs_up:

I live in Australia and we will be finally getting the Batjac productions on dvd for the first time down here in early August--I look forward to finally seeing "McLintock!" without getting a headache from the frenetic 'pan and scan' picture movements.

Speaking of Batjac, has anybody heard any further details on the release in digital cinemas of the 3D version of "Hondo"? I know that there was to have been an announcement at the recent Cannes Film Festival about this project going forward as there will be a whole slate of brand new movies being released in digital 3D in those theatres with digital projection equipment. Certainly "Hondo" will seem rather quaint compared to the next James Cameron movie, but at least it will be seen in the ultimate presentation conditions and would be quite notable in the Duke's 100th Anniversary year.