Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 643,648 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just found your site a couple of days ago and have always enjoyed john wayne the reason i joined was because even though i like the Duke i am just a simple fan but the other day at work (I rehab old houses) i found a big box from NBC film exchange in Burbank California in it is Scotch 2inch video tape and its labeled John Wayne tv special dated 11/4/70 and i was wondering if anyone might be able to help me find out about it

Hi Brando and welcome!

Being from UK I think we have different date format so is this November 1970 or April 1970?

I ask becasue I have quite a list of JW TV appearances. JW did a show called Swing out sweet land in November 1970 it was a 75 minute show sponsored by Budweiser. I think this must be what you are talking about.

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Hi to one and all!!

From a slightly older newbie. Been here a few weeks now and I can tell you its fantastic.

Great folks, great atmosphere and great subjects.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Hello to all.

Really is a wonderful place. I've been collecting JW for a few years, and I believe I have all that are available, but now working on improved copies. Many of the very old ones (1920s) I got from ebay, and am hoping to replace them should better ones come up. I truly hope for those films kept only in the archives that one day they are permitted to be copied to be shared by all.

• Hello and welcome to the forum, mmiller563. You found the right place for a Duke fan to be. Jump in and have some fun. Glad to have you here.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello, The Average Joe checking in....
    I've posted on this forum already and figured I'd better introduce myself before I went any further.
    I hale from middle Tennessee where I live with my wife (and high school sweetheart) and 3 children. We live in the same little town we grew up in. I'm the only middle class suburbanite who goes to the office with boots on (and my cowboy hat in the winter).

I hope to come here and gain, as well as provide some, insight about topics at hand.

"Have I paid my dues?......Yes sir, the check is in the mail" - Jack Burton

• Welcome aboard Joe

I'm sure you will enjoy this forum there is a good group of people here.

I enjoyed your previous posts relating to your John Wayne collection as I commented within that post your Rooster Cogburn figurine looked fantastic, I look forward to your future posts.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I started a thread after my introduction, but pretty much summed up my inquirey after one more wildcard search.
    However, I did post some pictures in the same post as a related topic to said thread.
    Hope you guys enjoy them. You'll get to see what an ugly son of a gun I really am.

Here's the link:
    http://www.dukewayne.com/thread3501.html

Joe

"Have I paid my dues?......Yes sir, the check is in the mail" - Jack Burton