What Is Your Favorite Non John Wayne

There are 110 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 27,986 times. The latest Post () was by Senta.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Senta@Sep 5 2005, 10:48 PM
    As I see Duke portrayed only Northern heros. Was it a principe or by chance?

I think it was more by chance than design. I recall reading an article that asked that very same question several years ago but don't remember what the conclusion was.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Originally posted by Senta@Sep 5 2005, 03:43 PM
    Hi Ringo, I shall, thank you.
    Regards,
    Vera

[snapback]21177[/snapback]

Your quite welcome Vera. :)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by Senta@Sep 5 2005, 03:43 PM
    Hi Ringo, I shall, thank you.
    Regards,
    Vera

[snapback]21177[/snapback]

Your quite welcome Vera. :)

Moderator, please bear w/ me because the site will not let me delete the other posting. Please delete it if you see it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by Stumpy@Sep 6 2005, 01:28 PM
    I think it was more by chance than design. I recall reading an article that asked that very same question several years ago but don't remember what the conclusion was.

[snapback]21208[/snapback]

I think You are right that it was much more by chance. And we mustn't foget that Eathan Edwards was in the Southern Army.
    I'm interested is there some traces of that war in the minds of people now. In the book I'm reading it is said that Southern way of life disappered completly after the war as Ancient civilization. But by your remark I see that you are still feel youself Southern. Is it right?
    Regards,
    Vera

Originally posted by Senta@Sep 7 2005, 12:49 AM
    I'm interested is there some traces of that war in the minds of people now. In the book I'm reading it is said that Southern way of life disappered completly after the war as Ancient civilization. But by your remark I see that you are still feel youself Southern. Is it right?

No, the "Southern" way of life did not disappear at the end of the Civil War, Vera. The only thing that disappeared was the institution of slavery itself.

For the most part, Southerners are much more politically conservative than Northerners. We don't like big, intrusive government trying to tell us how to live our lives (an attitude that was one of the causes of the Civil War).

And yes, I very definitely consider myself "Southern". In fact, I'm very proud of my Southern heritage. My great, great grandfather was a cavalryman in the 19th Texas Cavalry, a Confederate unit. Because of his service, I now belong to the "Sons of Confederate Veterans", a fraternal organization of people whose ancestors fought for the South in the Civil War.
    Jim

• Hi Jim,
    It is great to hear that you Great, Great grandfather was a cavalryman in the Southern Army. And it is really very interesting to me to hear that you still consider yourself Southern. For a pity we here are not know much about American history. But I can say that most of us who knows something, are more on the South side. The one reason of it that the book "gone with the Wind" was very very popular here, so the people who didn't read historic books know something about it. And in all sources that I have read it is said that Southern Army has more talanted generals, and was more honorable inspite of that they haven't any supplyes and was in great suffer. And because of the courage of the Southern Army war lasted so long.
    I hope you have some memories kept in your family about this war.
    Both of my grandfathers was officers at the last WWII.
    Regards,
    Vera

Originally posted by Senta@Sep 7 2005, 10:08 AM
    But I can say that most of us who knows something, are more on the South side. And in all sources that I have read it is said that Southern Army has more talanted generals, and was more honorable inspite of that they haven't any supplyes and was in great suffer. And because of the courage of the Southern Army war lasted so long.

I can see that you and I are gonna be great friends, Vera. :lol: :lol:

• I just saw Wagon Train for the 1st time. A ***** western from John Ford staring scores of his stock company members. I loved it. I also just saw John Ford's episode of Wagon Master a superb TV show esp. the flashback w/ Duke's cameo!

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Originally posted by ZACK613@Sep 7 2005, 11:59 AM
    I just saw Wagon Train for the 1st time. A ***** western from John Ford staring scores of his stock company members. I loved it. I also just saw John Ford's episode of Wagon Master a superb TV show esp. the flashback w/ Duke's cameo!

[snapback]21261[/snapback]

Zack,
    Isn't that 1950's "Wagon Master" instead of "Wagon Train", which was an old TV series, also back in the '50's?

• Like Stumpy says, I think Zach has Wagon Train and Wagon Master switched around. The TV show Wagon Train had an episode titled The Colter Craven Story which told the story of Maj. Seth Adams's (Ward Bond) time he spent in the Civil War. In one scene, John Wayne appeared as General William Tecumseh Sherman (the same character he portrayed in How The West Was Won). The episode first appeared in November 1960, and Wayne was billed as Michael Morris. He was also billed as Mike Morris, in the TV show Flashing Spikes in which he also had a cameo. Little bit of Duke Trivia.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by Stumpy@Sep 7 2005, 06:38 PM
    I can see that you and I are gonna be great friends, Vera. :lol: :lol:

[snapback]21258[/snapback]

Jim, I'm deeply honored. :rolleyes: