Nice Change Of Usual Tv Pace

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,705 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :cowboy: This morning on both AMC and TCM, at the same time, there were two Gregory Peck movies being played. 12 O'Clock High and Pork Chop Hill. That was a first for me at seeing ant two movies with the same lead actor in it played at the same time, except of course, for the Duke.

Anyone else here Gregory Peck fans?

Horatio Hornblower NEEDS to be released on DVD, I say.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Dec 16 2004, 03:55 PM
    Anyone else here Gregory Peck fans?

Yep - I'm also a Burt Lancaster fan, a Paul Newman fan, a Kirk Douglas fan, a Bruce Willis fan, a Tyrone Power fan, an Errol Flynn fan, a Stewart Granger fan, a Clark Gable fan, a Fred Astaire fan, a Judy Garland fan, a Susan Hayward fan, a Humphrey Bogart fan, a Steve McQueen fan, a Lee Marvin fan, a James Caan fan, a Trevor Howard fan, a Roger Moore fan, a Gary Cooper fan, a James Stewart fan, a Sean Connery fan and.....................well, you get the point. I'm just a movie fan period.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• My favorite movie is To Kill A Monkingbird starring Gregory Peck. Fine actor and good man. I also watched Elmer Gantry with Landcaster today. Very interesting movie with a definate hidden message. Not sure if I like it or not, but very interesting movie. I'm going to have to watch it again and see this movie from a different eye.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Ringo

Two of my favourite Gregory Peck pictures were Horatio Hornblower RN and The Million Pound Note both showed different sides of his acting ability.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Peck made several movies that I really like but I think my two favorites are "The Big Country" and "The Stalking Moon", two excellent Westerns.

• :cowboy: Good afternoon Stumpy, Hondo, Arthur.

Stumpy, i'm exactly the same as you on liking so many of the big stars in the business. I cannot get enough of them. I noticed that they sure were a different breed than many of today's actors are. I never tire of watching their great films and I much much more than anything, choose them over what new movies that are made these days.

Hondo D.L., I never have seen Elmer Gantry but would liks to. I have seen To Kill A Mockingbird and liked it. I am also fond of MacKenna's Gold and oithers as well. Truthfully, I think my absolute favorite Peck film has to be a war movie. I think I choose Horatio Hornblower then The Guns Of Navarone then 12 O'Clock High and then Pork Chop Hill, though he gave his all in all of them. The only movie I did not liek seeing him in was The Boys From Brazil, which he did an excellent job in but I just did not like seeing him play the character he did. I also thought he was great in The Sea Wolves--which had Roger Moore, David Niven in it.

Arthur, I like Horatio Hornblower as my Nr 1 Gregory Peck film too. If ever a movie screamed out as needing a sequel, it was that movie. I do not think I ever heard of his movie, The Million pound Note. I'll have to look it up and read about it.

Stumpy, I saw The Big Country many years ago and remember liking it. I never hear of The Stalking Moon. It's another i'll need to research.

Best regards-TRK.

• Hi Ringo

There was a sequel planned for Hornblower but I believe at the last minute Gregory Peck pulled out of the scene and without him it just wouldn't have worked.

Regards
    Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• :cowboy: Hi Arthur, arggggg, it would have been nice had he made that film. I wonder what new project caused him to back out of a possible sequal? Anyway, i'm looking forward to the day that that studio announces its release on DVD.

Best regards-TRK.

• :cowboy: I agree, those were two of his best films. I can hardly wait till the powers that be, finally release Horatio Hornblower on DVD.

• 12 O'clock high,TO kill a mockingbird,the guns of navarone...THE SCARLET AND THE BLACK!,Horatio Hornblower,pork chop hill..

you cannot go wrong with gregory peck,fine actor he was at that.

-InHarmsWay

• About the only Peck films I didn't like were the "Omen" things and "Boys From Brazil" "Boys From Brazil" had a great cast but it just didn't seem right with Greg playing Josef Mengele, the Nazi's infamous concentration camp experimenter. He nearly always played a good guy so it was sort of a shock to see him playing such an evil character. As for the "Omen" series, that was a depressing subject in and of itself and I didn't like one of my favorite actors playing in it.

Greg made some pretty good Westerns. I really liked him in "The Gunfighter", "The Bravados" and "The Stalking Moon". He was even pretty good in "Duel in the Sun", though he played a rat.

• :cowboy: Hi Stumpy, I did not like Boys From Brazil or The Omen either. I'm like you, I did not like one of my favorite actors playing a role that is one that he should not have played. Mengele was vile and Gregory Peck should not have played him.

I don't like many horror or supernatural type movies and did not like The Omen. You can carry my collection of horror movies in one hand. All I have are: The Island w/ Michael Caine and The Fog w/ Adrienne Barbeau. Now, I do like the much older Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Giant Spider, Monster kind of movies but I don't consider them horror movies either. These can't be lumped in with those sick slasher films like the Friday the 13th and others.

Best regards-TRK.

• I was just wondering if any of you had seen The Scarlet and the Black,a mad eofr TV movie starring Gregory Peck and Christopher Plummer......about the Vatican being nutral and the escapers wanting to seek refuge and "Monsignor hugh 'o flaherty" putting them up in safe houses and getting them back to the allies...based on a true story...was made in 1983.

What did you all think of it,if by chance you have seen it before?

-IHW

• Hi In Harm's way

I saw that picture many years ago on television I didn't realise it was a made for television picture.
    Christopher plummer is very good in villain roles far better than in his nice guy ones.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low