Laminated Flooring

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,250 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I realize this topic has absolutely nothing to do with John Wayne or even the film world but I was wondering if any of you have ever installed laminated flooring. I'm giving some serious thought to installing it throughout my house and could use a few tips.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Stumpy

If I am thinking of the same thing the place where I used to work had it fitted to the ground. It took the fitters about one day to do a relatively small area so it could be a time consuming task. One problem that it does bring is after a while it starts to peel of and it can become a bit of a nightmare if water gets under it my personal preference would be wooden flooring but that is more expensive.

Hope this helps.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Thanks for the info, Robbie. I've been doing some online research and some of it comes with a 25-year warranty so that must be pretty durable. It's also supposed to be extremely resistant to stains and even cigarette burns. I think about the only thing that can do serious damage to it is moisture and as you say, if water gets under it. But I don't envision that happening in my house. My house already has hardwood flooring but I want to lay this laminated flooring over the old hardwood base. Some of it really looks nice. I'll post a link to one of the pages I've been researching so you can see what it looks like.

• Robbie,
    Here's a link that gives you an idea of what colors you can get in laminated flooring. And this is just a small sample. You can even get some that looks like tile or stone.

• Stumpy,

Have you considered refinishing the existing hardwood floor? There are big floor sanders, and then it can be finished with a clear epoxy. The ones I've seen really look nice. A few friends of ours have gone for that option. They did it themselves, and it came out pretty nice.

Another friend of ours did the laminated flooring himself, and it looked great.

Chester :newyear: