There are 997 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 237,410 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by arthurarnell@Jul 19 2005, 01:36 PM
    67years ago Richard Jordon who played Hawk in Rooster Cogburn was born.

[snapback]19221[/snapback]

Hi Arthur - I always liked Richard Jordan. He was in a number of movies, including "Valdez Is Coming," "Logan's Run," "Raise the Titanic" and "The Hunt For Red October" (which I thought was one of his best roles). It's too bad he died so young.
    Cheers - Jay -_-

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay

Yes he was a good actor.

On this Day 20th July

46 years ago Rio Bravo was released in the UK

95 years ago the actress Murial Evans was born

67 years ago the actress Natalie Wood was born

121 years ago the actor Bud Osborne was born one of the many actors appearing as a henchman in B westerns

47 years ago the actor Franklin Pangborne died aged 70.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 22nd July

31 years ago the executive producer and brother in law of the director John Ford Wingate Smith died aged 79.

74 years ago the actor Perry Lopez was born he had a small role in McLintock

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 23rd July

35 years ago Chisum was released in the UK

91 years ago the actress Julie Mitchum the sister of Robert and John and aunt of Christopher and James was born. Her screen career was short but see her in the High and the Mighty.

75 years ago the stunt man Charles 'Good Chuck' Courtney was born he featured in many John Ford /John Wayne westerns.

104 years ago the character actor and John Ford veteran Hank Worden was born

34 years ago Van Heflin died of a heart attack after swmming at his home he was sixty. One of the stars of Shane he also appeared in the Greatest Story Ever Told.

39 years ago Montgomery Clift died from a massive heart attack at the age of 45, a stage actor who preferred to tread the boards rather than appear before the camera, nevertheless he made some memorable pictures including Red River.

20 years ago the actor Mickey Saugnessy died aged 64. Remember him as the drunken pot man in North to Alaska singing 'Gold is where you find it'.

59 years ago the director John Huston married the actress Evelyn Keyes. (not one of Duke most favourite directors nevertheless he made The Red Badge of Courage, The Maltese Falcon and the African Queen to name just three).

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I especially liked "THe Man Who Would Be King", starring sir Michael Caine and Sir Sean Connery.

-IHW

• Hi

On this day 24th July

49 years ago The Searchers was released in Denmark
    Ethan: What you saw wasn't Lucy... What you saw was a buck wearin' Lucy's dress. I found Lucy back in the canyon. Wrapped her in my coat, buried her with my own hands, I thought it best to keep it from ya.
    Brad: Did they...? Was she...?
    Ethan: What do you want me to do? Draw you a picture? Spell it out? Don't ever ask me! Long as you live, don't ever ask me more.
    The Searchers

91 years ago the coloured actor Frank Silveria was born he played Casper in The Greatest Story Ever Told

38 years ago the actor Little Billy Rhodes died aged 72 he was in Shadow of the Eagle.

48 years ago Frank Fenton died aged 51 see him as Captain Turner in Island in the Sky.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 25th July

62 years ago the actress Janet Margolin was born she appeared in the Greatest Story Ever Told.

87 years ago the actress Nan Grey was born she appeared in the Sea Spoilers

and

12 years ago she died.

45 years ago the actor Dennis Hoey died aged 67, he was in The Wake of the Red Witch.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 26th July

57 years ago Fort Apache was released in the UK
    'We are outnumbered 4 to 1. Do we talk or fight'

83 years ago the pink panther director Blake Edwards was born, so what I hear some of you say but he had a minor role in Operation Pacific.

53 years ago the actor Edward Ellis died aged 82.

110 years ago the actor Kenneth Harlan was born he was in Shadow of the Eagle

25 years ago Allen 'Farina' Hskins died aged 59

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 27th July

52 years ago Trouble Along The Way was released in the UK

68 years ago the cinematographer Bruce Surtees was born, the son of Robert Surtees he was the cameraman on the Shootist.

74 years ago the actor Jerry van Dyke was born. The brother of Dick he made his screen debut as the idiot senators son in McLintock.

88years ago the French actor and comedian Bourvil was born. He played the mayor in The Longest Day.

107 years ago the actress Natalie Morehead was born she appeared in Maker of Men.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

Originally posted by arthurarnell@Jul 27 2005, 01:09 AM
    74 years ago the actor Jerry van Dyke was born. The brother of Dick he made his screen debut as the idiot senators son in McLintock.
    Regards

Arthur

[snapback]19491[/snapback]

I was not aware that in McLintock! that Jerry Van Dyke's father was the senator. Very surprise about that.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Douglas wasn't a Senator (they're in a territory, anyway, not a state), he was, I think, the guy in charge of land management. Now I have an excuse to go watch "McLintock" again to check that out. :lol: :lol:
    Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay

I think you are right,

On this day 28th July

43 years ago Donovan's Reef was released in the UK

42 years ago John Ford was taken to Hospital with viral pneumonia.
    John Ford will figure prominently in the next month leading up to and after his death on August 31st)

74 years ago the actor Darryl Hickman was born, see him next month in Island in the Sky.

91 years ago Woody Stroud was born, he played Pompey in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
    As a curio, my home town of Portsmouth is known by the nickname Pompey

94 years ago Ann Doran was born. See her next month in The High and the Mighty.

1 year ago the actor Sam Edwards died aged 89. He was in Flying Leathernecks and supplied the voice of Tigger.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• wow mrs c how did you do it and do you realise that you would have been out on good behavour by now :lol: :lol:

best wishes to you both soon you will be at the big 30 and then you will be howling at the moon

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Chester and Mrs. C, I agree with Smokey. :D 27 years you do not see that much any more!!! :fear2: But you have a way to go to catch up with me. ;) Martha, Mrs. Chillbill and I were Sweethearts for 55 years and were Married for 50 years. :jump:

Bill :cowboy:

• If we had more loving couples around like Chester & the Mrs and Chilibill & his, I think the world would be a better place (the mrs. & I will celebrate 39 in December).
    Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"