Time Magazine

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,565 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just found this while "surfing". Here is Time magazines top 100 movies of all time.
    Time Magazines Top 100 movies of all time

The Searchers and Once Upon A Time In The West were the only 2 westerns that I recognized on a quick glance. Atleast one of Dukes films made it. Let us know what you think of the list. See ya.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@May 25 2005, 04:34 PM
    Let us know what you think of the list.

Not much. Of those listed, I've never heard of a good portion of them.

On my personal list of top 100 movies, westerns would make up probably 75% of the titles listed. :D

De gustibus non est disputandum

• What a list,ive never heard of 80% of those movies.I dont know what TIME had on there mind there but it sure wasnt good movies.Althought thats just my opinion.

-IHW

• There's a lot of good movies on there, I was surprised to see "Finding Nemo" on the list though... looks like they where trying to make everyone happy. Heck they have "The Purple Rose of Cairo" but no "Rocky".... oh well, guess thats why I would never have a job ranking movies :lol:

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Yeah there sure is allot of odd movies that I have either never heard of or would not think they warrant being in the "top 100" of all time. That must be why I never read Time magazine, never really agreed with them!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Any list like this is necessarily subjective. Each person or group will have his own ideas as to what would go on it. But, even taking that into consideration, there are a number of items here that seem unwarrented. :blink::stunned: Anyway, such a list should be taken with a grain of salt -
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• You all hit the nail on the head with what you all said especially Jay. Of their list, the only 5 I would include on a list I was in charge of would be:

The Searchers.
    Star Wars.
    It's A Wonderful Life.
    King Kong.
    The Manchurian Candidate.

And if I were in charge of compiling such a list, the Manchurian Candidate would be bumped off it. :D

Also, the vast majority of mine would be War & Western movies.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..