The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 358,946 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• LOL Mark, I saw that too. Then I was sure it was when she was getting down to go to Lukey after she was shot. But....it isn't. It is when the two Confederate deserters were found by Russell Simpson and they had caught HIM at the old barn. She slid off her horse to go to him. Does look a bit strange, doesn't it, LOL! So now you know, Pard!

Congrats on your win. Hope you will like your sketch!

No doubt, I will, Keith. I do admire other's drawings and paintings. It's a skill I wish I had. Thanks!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Welcome Mark, can't always do it, but can offer you a choice. What is your favorite Movie? And who are your favorite actors or actresses......skip that.....I HATE to draw women, LOL............in them. Let me know, and you will get a custom drawing! Only because of who you are, LOL! Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Welcome Mark, can't always do it, but can offer you a choice. What is your favorite Movie? And who are your favorite actors or actresses......skip that.....I HATE to draw women, LOL............in them. Let me know, and you will get a custom drawing! Only because of who you are, LOL! Keith

Aww, don't I feel special. :jump: I will PM you. Many thanks!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks Guillermo, mi Precioso! Although we have already talked about the one picture, I have screen caps of those entire scenes, but mainly because of Terry Wilson, Frank McGrath, both Chucks and couple of others. Your picture is better than those, and I can make good use of it for a sketch with Ward and Duke. You are a dear. Can just see you stumping down to the basement and then back up with that old boot on your foot, (bet the one I had to wear is just like yours, LOL), so I know what it is like. My horse stepped on MY foot, then nuzzled me, I couldn't step back, so the back of my knees hit the water trough, I fell backward and my head hit the freeze proof faucet, LOL. Funny now, not so then. There I lay on the ground with my horse pushing my head around and nickering at me wondering what in the world I was doing down there! Not his fault, mine.
    Anyway, I want to take this post to once again applaud you for becoming our American Lasbugas and for taking what has to be a tremendous amount of time out of your days to send us part of your incredible collection.....the one we have been hearing about and dying to see for so long. I know everyone feels the same as I do. And congrats on your selection for the Group Watch. Donovan's Reef was a SWELL movie, and it should be great fun to comment on different scenes, characters, actors' performances and the incredible scenery. It reminded me of some of the smaller islands in the Bahamas that you only see if you are sailing through them in a small boat, (I did it in a 65 footer). Fun movie and Duke and Lee plus many others were wonderful in it.
    We are quite lucky to have you MB. And I myself am truly grateful that you also take the time to listen to the rambling old remembrances I relate, (ah alliteration, love it). You are lucky though.....you do it on the phone, poor Peter has to READ them, LOL! Con Mucho affectionado, K de tu

• The photo of Wood's former home is neat. Looks like there were at least two additions added over the years.
    Um, Keith, say hello to Ward for me. Maybe later you two and Terry and Frankie can play cards.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Sad to say, Terry and Frank didn't make it down. Ward was sent to "save" me much like Clarence was for Jimmy Stewart. He just decided to stay. It has been quite difficult keeping him from being discovered because no one would believe it. We are working on making folks believe he was an out of wedlock son.....now have to find a way to create a history for him....SS card, etc. My cousin's ex is with the FBI....he might can have it done. When he came down, he was 57, same age as when he went up. He is 58 now...........he overstayed his furlough and became mortal again....pain in the leg, etc. So we both have the old age miseries....we both take it well though. So, that, my dear friend, is why I don't need the Quiji board. If you call the cops or mental police on me, it won't do any good.......been done already.....Ward hid in the woods and they found nothing to suggest for sure he had been here. Couldn't take ME in, because I denied what the neighbors had said. He STILL wants a good pic of him and Duke from They Were Expendable! Told him I was trying..........he doesn't care much for computers, LOL! KEITH

• WOW, MB, this is really cool. Hope Peter sees this......will have to direct him to it so he doesn't miss it. Thanks, LH How is the family?

Blu Ray.com has posted it's review of Olive Film's release of "The Quiet Man". The 4 K scan from an original camera negative is glorious! The images displayed are the finest I've seen from this film. There is some minor carping about a couple of audio cues, but the author's commentary and enthusiasm is infectious and now I can't wait to see this one.
    DVDSavant received his review copy too. Glenn took a look at it and states how happy he is with the transfer. He'll be posting his review on Tuesday.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Lol, Never fear Ladyhawk, I placed my order some months back! :wink_smile:

LOL, I should have KNOWN. THANKS for my most stupendous firework ever. Where did you find THAT? Makes up for missing my 1500 and my 6 month anniversary! Thanks P, LH

• LOL, I should have KNOWN. THANKS for my most stupendous firework ever. Where did you find THAT? Makes up for missing my 1500 and my 6 month anniversary! Thanks P, LH

It was this years New Years fireworks display in London, so a lovely new one for you!:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Copied from the thread,

Posting and YOU

It's nice to hear about what people have going on in their lives etc so why don't we just create a general chat thread in off topic or use an existing one? Don't see why we can't all have the best of both worlds without anyone falling out.

Interestingly , we did have such a thread that ran for some time.
    The Real Senior Members Thread.
    We used it as a general silly nonsense thread
    with light hearted banter between boy and girl members.
    There is no reason this thread can't be
    used for the general chit chat of day to day life.

For that reason, I have bumped it back here.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Well, I certainly enjoyed my viewing of Tombstone more than the first. Kurt Russell as the young child actor is rapidly fading away. And I loved Doc. Plan to watch it again today and look around more to notice other things I missed the first go round.
    Russ, hope you are doing OK......any news on getting together again. Can't wait to hear your singing!
    Didn't hear from you Colorado Bob.......I am having email problems....hope you got the pictures and can use them.
    Going to be hard for me to wait for Scott's book Three Bad Men as Ward will finally get the long delayed and well deserved attention that has been missing all these years. You can't find a much better actor than Ward, and yet he went unnoticed by all but the fans.
    Thanks Irish for speaking up. Don't know how this will work, but it is worth a try. By the way.......have heard nothing about a Group Watch...your turn, have you given up?
    Paula, didn't know about your knee.......how in the world did you hurt it? How are they treating it? I had to wear a straight brace when I tore my ACL......hope yours isn't something like that......had to wear it 3 months, then they gave me one that had hinges so I could bend it...that was wonderful, LOL. Hear anything from the newspaper about Ben's article yet?
    Well, back to work...........hope I didn't miss anyone....this will take some getting used to, but maybe it will work.
    And you younger members, don't let the "Senior" bit scare you off, LOL. KEITH

• Wow, BJ, who would ever have believed she would turn into THAT! Amazing transformance. She was the young girl on the streetcar who JB Books talked to on the way to his last shootout. Very nice, but I think we need this to be in the new thread....something about seniors. Not supposed to talk about things like this in the thread........let's just say you watched The Shootist last. OK, see you over there.......interested to find out about this pic! KEITH

Darn, thought the pics would come over here also.......I will try to put them into the next post.

So, how did you meet her? I wonder how she got the part? If she is still alive, would LOVE to talk to her about my book. See how small the pics are? And you have to scroll over the to get bigger ones? That is what photobucket will stop. So, just let me know whenever you want a call this week. And you need to answer me in this thread or just shoot me an email...probably much easier that way.....and you can put the pics in large and easy that way too until you learn Photobucket. You do know how to insert the pics in emails, don't you? If not, that is really easy.

OH, forgot, Jim Mace......are you OK? Hope you haven't been having problems again. Let me know. John must have taken one of his cruises, but I expect to hear from him any day now. KEITH

• OK Jim, this is how they will look. Hope you found it, EK changed the name so Young folks wouldn't think it wasn't for them...I told you Seniors, LOL..sorry, it all happened while I was answering another mail and then doing your picture.

Russ, hope you found your way over here. Yep, he gave the cushion to the driver...take your meds, LOL! Do you sing My Boy Bill on any of those tapes? Hope so! How much are you going to charge for them...........have to save up! KEITH

• You're right Keith, he DID give the cushion to the driver! Oh well, I haven't seen the movie all the way through but maybe 3 times, and the last time was about 5 years ago!

I haven't recorded anything yet, but hopefully soon.

And, you MIGHT do My Boy Bill? and my ones from Oklahoma? So, how much will it cost? You have the recording equipment?

As for The Shootist, I can just about recite it line by line, LOL!

Hope you have been practicing.......vocal cords need to be revived from time to time, don't they.....and breathing......work on that, HAH, ME telling YOU! FunNY! KEITH What is your favorite key for singing?