The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 362,598 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jan 30 2006, 10:17 PM
    Now I gotta leave as last Wed, I caught a bad stomach virus and boy is it hitting me hard today :-((

[snapback]26229[/snapback]

Hi, My sick Texan friend,
    What's going on, now look here Carl,
    pull yourself together, and let's have you on the mend.
    We need you fit and well around here!!
    Look after yourself mate,

Best Wishes,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Mate. Well, there is a serious stomach virus going around here. Lets say that if you felt fine going to bed--then woke up the next morning feeling sick as can be--you get almost no notice that your going to be sick--least that's what happened in my case.

I'll gie you the long version of what happened to me.

When I went to bed Wed night--I felt normal as can be. I awoke later than usual the next morning (9 am) and felt like I could not wake up. I splashed cold water on my face to help try and wake up--but it had no effect. Took a shower and then got dressed as a friend and I had several errands to do. Walked outside my flat, and I threw-up. Till then, I still had no real waring that I was getting sick. Anyway, after that, we left and did a few errands and I was still feeling like I had just woke up from a deep sleep--eyelids very heavy ands yawning alot. I was feeling a bit better than when I first walked outside.

My friend then wanted to go eat lunch at a r4estaurant--and I ate my meal and it went down fine. I was still feeling very tired and when I got home--I laid down to take a nap. Next thing I knew it it was about 8 PM. I had been asleep for about 6 hrs. I got up and my stomach was doing flip-flops and was growling (not from being hungry as I was still full from lunch) and I was getting thirsty so I drank several ounces of water. Doing so made me have to go to the restroom. After that, I wound up having to go to the lavatory about every 30 to 45 minutes till late Friday morning. My friend and I still had some errands to do because we did not finish them on Thurs because of the way I felt. We finished them and my friend took me for lunch at Denny's - where I had pancakes, biscuits, eggs and water.

The food went down but by the time I finished eating--I had a VERY upset tummy--which was churing and doing bigger flip-flops. At that time, I thought I had had foor poisoning because of what was happening. I had had it before and it seemed I had it again. Well, I mentioned that I wanted to go by a place called: T.C.B.Y (The Country's Best Yogurt) to get some non-fat frozen yogurt-which I love eating. I wanted some of that because it has culture in it--which is good for your digestive tract. I ate a small cup of it and went home. By the time I got home--I felt like throwing up. I did so within a few moments of getting home. I went to bed and awoke at about 7 PM. I felt very thirsty and tried drinking water but could only manage a few sips before rushing back to the lavatory. The rest of the evening and night I made many trips. I awoke Sat and felt like I was getting over it--but was I wrong. I went to the pharmacy at about 1:30 PM and got some Amodium ad--which should have helped. I was told to take 2 every 6 hrs this day and the last two the next. I did so and the only thing that happened was my trips to the lavatory were about 2 hrs apart.

Since it was now Sunday, I decided to try to go to the minor emergency clinic before they closed at 5PM. Well, they did not take the insurance I had so I could not be treeated unless I coughed up about $140.00 --just to be seen. Being this was the weekend--I had no access to my bank-account and only had about $60.00 on me. I asked if they would take the $60.00 and I would pay them the rest come Monday--the word was no--so I said--OK and left. I went back to the Pharmacy and told the pharmacist that the meds he said should help--did not and asked to see if he could suggest something else. He wanted me to buy another box of the same thing but--I bought a bottle of Peptol-Bismal instead. I took a dose of that and in about 10 minutes--I felt much better than I had been since early Wednesday.

I thought --well hey--i'm getting better--but was proved wrong later that evening when after having dinnir--I "lost it" again and my tummy was in severe pain as well as pains near the middle of my back but more on the sides. I kept taking aspirin for pain--which helped some but not much--and I went to bed. I awpoke Monday morning and went straight to my Drs office. He would up prescribing a few diff medications and told me to go on a sort of clear liquid diet for a few days. I felt fine eating lunch - went to the library to use theri computers so I could see what was going on here at Duke Wayne. After leaving here--I picked up my prescriptions adn started taking my meds as soon as I got home. The tummy pains were even worse and the meds did not help at all. I tried to go to bed but the pain never lessened or ceased. At about 1:30 Am Tues morning, I called my Drs office to see if I could leave a messsage or if there was an emergency number that he could be reached at--I got an RN on call who I told the full story to. The RN tried to help figure it out but sight unseen--had no possible way to know for sure. Well, by 3:45 am--I called her back so she could inform my Dr that I was going to go the the E.R. to be seen. I got there about 4;00 am and "lost it again" in the parkinglot.

I finally made it inside and to my surprise--there were no people waiting to be seen. I got quickly in a room but the pain was much worse--and they put me on an examination table. I was very thirsty but was not allowed to have any water as I would only "lose" that as well.

Well, after about 30 minutes--they came in and were just barely able to get 2 vials of blood from me for testing. They poked my left arm 4 times and my right at least 8 times, before they found a suitable place to put the I.V. After that, I heard several other people come in and some poor guy must have felt much worse than I did and he "lost it" several times while awaiting to be seen. I felt bad for that person as well as for myself.

After being there about an hour, I got an I.V. bag hooked up and about 30 minutes later I finally started to feel a bit of the tummy and other pains lessen. They also brought in a "coctail" which was a thick greenish-blue liquid that I was to drink which would help the tummy settle down some. I drank it--was not too bad in taste, and within several minutes--I did feel noticably better. Next they unhooked the I.V. bag and took me for x-rays. Did that and I was told everyhting including my blood--was as healthy as can be--which of course--I thought was great.

I was released from the hospital at about 7:40 am and I went home to get a nap before venturing to the pharmcy to get the new prescriptions filled. I awoke about 9:30--had a friend w/ me and did a few errands--picked up my meds took one pill that I was supposed to start emmediately--and started to feel even better. I actuallt felt good enough to have lunch consisting of a small salad-2 small slices of pizza, a roll and a small cup of Lime Sherbet for dessert. Went home and laid down--awoke and it was about 7:30 pm. I felt the best but could still fell some minor turmiol going on inside. Well, the Drs said they wanted me to do a liquid diet for 2 days and then a bland diet for a few more. Since I sorta cheated at lunch--I did as they said for supper. Had a cup of chicken soup and some jello. Went to bed feeling better adn slept like a rock.

Today im feeling better than yesterday but still do feel slightly quezy and will be doing as the Drs say for a few more days. Tomorrow morning I go see my Dr again for a follow-up.

Everybody I talked with confirmed that there was a very bad stomach virus going around. I do not know if this is the correct term for it but I THINK it is called: Viral-inceptalitus (SP?)

Well, just this morning, I found out that two of my nextdoor neighbors now have it.

Hope this was not too boring nor too graphic but, this is what I went through--well; somewhat.

Cheers Keith--and all.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Feb 1 2006, 06:22 PM
    Today im feeling better than yesterday but still do feel slightly quezy and will be doing as the Drs say for a few more days. Tomorrow morning I go see my Dr again for a follow-up.
    Hope this was not too boring nor too graphic but, this is what I went through--well; somewhat.

[snapback]26329[/snapback]

Hi Carl - you really had an ordeal. My bout lasted only a couple of days and didn't seem near as severe as what you describe. I guess this stuff hits people in different ways.
    I hope you continue to feel better, my Corpus friend - I'm holding high thoughts in that direction.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Feb 2 2006, 11:08 AM
    Hi Carl - you really had an ordeal. My bout lasted only a couple of days and didn't seem near as severe as what you describe. I guess this stuff hits people in different ways.
    I hope you continue to feel better, my Corpus friend - I'm holding high thoughts in that direction.
    Cheers - Jay :D

[snapback]26359[/snapback]

Hi Jay, an ordeal it sure was. Boy I hope to never go through that kind of ordeal again. I think your correct though about how severe one gets it and the next person is not bothered so much by it. My next door neighbor got a case of it, was real sick one day and barely felt anything the next day. With in about 36 hrs he had no symptoms at all. I sure hate to have been the person who had it even worse that I did.

Thank you for the kind words thopugh, it sure does help to read them.

Take care my Alamo City friend.

Cheers (and now I feel good enough to drink some Rootbeers) Carl.

• Hi Carl and Jay,
    That sounds like a real bad bug, and from your description, I just hope it can't transverse the Atlantic Ocean.
    Mind you it's so cold here at the moment,
    I shouldn't think any bugs would want to be here.
    On second thoughts, perhaps they're more happy,warm and snug in Texas,

Stay well, my Texan buddies,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Make that happy, warm, snug and DRY - weather wise anyway!
    Cheers - Jay <_<

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Chester & the Mrs, Keith, Jay.

C&tMrs. sorry you had the same thing as I did and glad you are no longer effected by it. I think it had finally run its course here as well (thank GOD) This sure was a rough one.

Hi Keith, I surt hope it does not spread over there either. All I know is, that I hope to never have it again or nearly as bad as this bout was. One thing though, I know exactly how I was effected and if I get to feeling that way again--I aint going to hesitate about going to the E.R.

Jay--you got that one totally correct. Last weekend we were supposed to get alot of rain with the passage of that last front but all we got was a mere sprinkle. They are saying that this Sat were supposed to get some good rains--but I will not believe it until it happens. :(

• I've given up on our weather people. They start out saying, "There looks like we'll have a good chance for rain next weekend." Then, as the days dwindle down to that point, they start reneging on their forecast - "Well, that upper level low moved further north than we originally expected and we'll be only on the fringe of the rain activity," or "there isn't as much moisture coming up from the gulf," or "a high pressure system has moved in and diverted the low pressure off the track we expected."
    For the past several weeks, what originally tantalized our expectations of rain has turned out to be a few sprinkles - things are really getting bone-dry around here!
    Cheers - Jay :unsure::wacko: <_<

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hello All
    I sympathize with those who are ailing but now that every one is feeling their oats again where did all the flirting and smooth talking go? Could be we may have to ask Smokey and Baby Sister if they still remember the good ol boys on this thread. Hey EE what say you stir it up some. Fact is this is as close to the wild side as it gets here at Wayne central and this thread is in withdrawl. Quick EE rescue your topic. :fear: :o :fear2: Ciao - a fat old man - Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi Murray,
    Thanks for your concern about the flirting welfare on this thread.
    It's kinda got closed down, around, here.
    You see Smokey has got the hots on Ringo and Hondo.
    Jay and Senta, have struck up an international musical bond.
    Poor old ethanedwards, is waiting for Baby Sis, but alas,to no avail!!
    She seems not, to be bothered any more!!
    Perhaps you can find someone suitable for me in BC??

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Keith,

Don't tell Smokey, but Baby Sis has all but chosen me and that's why you are left out. I haven't decided. :D

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• ee...I'm baaack....just got the computer back today and here I am. You don't need anyone in BC, everything you want is in Kansas. Bothered? I thought about you the whole time I was away, you can't get rid of me that easily. :headbonk: Looks like things have been to quiet around here. Put another log on that fire and lets heat things up here a bit. Smokey...how about a round of drinks for the guys.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Hi Sis, It's you!!!!
    Well, well, well, you say the loveliest things, I'd like to believe
    your words are full of feelings and passion,
    but I know deep down, you're only pulling my leg!!
    However welcome back, and I know , it seems like you're cut
    off from the world, when the PC is down.
    It has been quiet around here, and who cares about the other hombres,
    when we have each other!!

Best wishes,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Now listen here buddy Jay,
    Don't you think you can just pop up in here, sweet talkin' Baby Sis.
    One minute, you've got the hots on Smokey,
    One minute, you've got the hots on Senta,
    and now the next minute, you're after my only love Baby Sis!!
    Loosten off them there reins, partner, my spurs are tingling!!!

Nice to see you around,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• ee...your spurs are tingling....you have my total attention :wub:
    am I pulling your leg..hmm?

Jay...you are quiet the little devil aren't you. I thought it was you and Smokey then I see it is you and Senta. I am keeping my eye on you...

Senta...don't let these guys scare you...they are all full of something...what I don't know but Smokey and I have had a good time with them. Come on in and help us keep them on their toes.

Smokey, Senta, girls it looks like these are all wound up and ready to have a showdown in the street already. I say we pull our chairs out on the porch, grab our drinks and just see what these guys have in mind for each other. What a great way to start the weekend.

Ringo...I hear Jay's spurs coming...slowly but their coming....ready, set........

Baby Sis

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

Originally posted by Baby Sister@Feb 11 2006, 12:24 AM
    ee...your spurs are tingling....you have my total attention :wub:
    am I pulling your leg..hmm?

[snapback]26927[/snapback]

Oh my, my sweet little red,
    I shall think of you, now I'm off to bed,
    in my mind, I'll dream of bliss,
    a life of fun, with my Baby Sis!

Sweet dreams, oh my little Peg,
    I just know, you pull my leg!!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• hi all

so hondo you are the fickle one jumping from one shelia to another you thinks that your going to get away with this me thinks not have my rifle sighted in now and am aiming it you way so watch out for a butt full of birdshot :lol: if you as much as lay and eye on another shelia :lol: :lol:

baby sis looks like we could be here for the arvo on the porch while these men sort themselves out could be quite merry by then ;)

cant make it as often as before as am now doing my course and it has quite a lot of homework and short time to get it ready what with assignments having to be presented this coming thursday. will get back when i can

till then have one for me and hondo you had better put padding in you pants am aiming :lol: still :wub: ya though

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"