Deep Discount Dvd

There are 49 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,594 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Smokey, thank you for those beautifully kind words. I almost had a catch about 9 years ago. Her name was Heather and boy was she beautiful. I never loved someone as much as I did Heather. The story on how this one got away is a long one. It really was not due to either her or myself but partly due to her sister Susan.

I am like you, I love older movies and I do not care much for the newer ones with all the violence and swearing in them. But when I do find out for sure from my friend's friend, I will definately let you know and I would enjoy the priviledge of getting you something to watch ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• hi ringo

thats ok i too know what its like to loose the one you love :( but im lucky i have my little bloke who is the spitting image of his dad so i will always have him with me

my wish list is so big i wouldnt know where to start so dont grab that tiger by the tail otherwise it might come back with a bite :lol: i know i have been looking for she wore a yellow ribbon and father goose but they are very hard to come by but i will hunt them down one day :lol:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Smokey, sorry to hear of your loss and hope all is much better for you all now. Anyway, recently I saw a copy of Father Goose but it was region 1. I'm wanting a copy of that Cary Grant classic myself. :-))

I especially love the part where the lady in charge of the group of girls and they think she got bit be a poisonous snake only for it to turn out different.

Girl: "Here's the snake."
    C.G: "Thats not a snake."
    Girl: "Well it looks like a snake."
    C.G: "Naw it does'nt."
    Girl handing the branch to Cary Grant and just after he got stuck by a thorn: "Watch out it has thorns."
    C.G: "Ow."
    C.G. looking at the branch turning it from side to side: "That looks like a snake!"

That was my most favorite part of the movie.

• hi ringo

thanks for your thoughts our loss happened just over 6 yrs ago sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday other times it feels like it was a lifetime ago. sometimes we go through rough spots but we get through them, it affects the little bloke more as he feels that he is missing out and there is only so much myself and others can do as we are not his dad. i feel that he is going to grow up into a fine young man.

father goose is a classic i like how they get him to the island by putting the hole in the side of his boat then he gets mobbed by a raft load of girls the movie is such a good laugh. hope you are able to get a copy for yourself soon

cheers smokey

• Hi Smokey, sorry for such a long time in replying--had no access to I-Net.

Quite welcome. I too suffered through too many losses since 1986. In 1986, one of my best friends was killed in an auto accident. Later in the year his twin brother shot himself. In Aug 1988, I lost my father to cancer/stroke. 1 1/2 months later I lost my Grandmother (the only grandparent by blood, that I knew) then in Christmas Day 1991, lost my Mom because of an Aneurism. On Dec 14th I lost two in seperate incidents. It was my brothers birthday and we lost him to cancer and in a seperate state but same day, I lost my Cousin Rodney due to an aute accident. In 1993, I lost two friends in an auto accident. On Christmas 1995, I lost another lifelong friend due to depression. Lastly, in 2001 I lost my uncle due to cancer. I am glad that time has also eased your families sorrow. It really took a huge toll on me and I guess I will be like I am now till my time comes. :-))

Father Goose is a great classic. I am also a big fan of Trevor Howard as well and was greatly saddened when he passed away (late 1980's I think it was?) At any rate, I can hardly wait till I can get a copy of that fine film.

Ensign Stebbings: "Sir....he..he threw a......Gesture!"
    T.H:" Hard to port."
    Ens Stebbings: "But sir..."
    T.H: "Hard to port son."
    Ens Stebbings: "Aye aye sir...hard to port."
    Cary Grant: "Hey!! Watch out for that boat!!"
    C.G: "I'll sue...i'll sue the whole war!!"

• hi ringo

i thnk that its things like this that either make us or break us but all things concidered we are muddling through just like you the thing is we have to look on the bright side and think of them upstairs enjoying themselves.

cheers smokey

Originally posted by falc04@Jun 18 2005, 02:57 AM
    I've always had great success ordering from DDD, but the one drawback is (to get free shipping), they send the DVDs media mail. So, it might take them a few days to box your order, and then possibly another week for the movies to arrive. Bottom line, they offer DVDs at a great price, but you can't be in rush to get them...

[snapback]17744[/snapback]

Well, I wasn't in a particular rush, and I was real happy to take advantage of that 20% discount. From the day of order to delivery was 10 days. We just got our 5-DVD set of John Wayne Legendary Heroes Collection.

Yee Haw! :cowboy:

You know what we'll be doing tonight :D - the first one we'll watch is The Train Robbers, which I don't think I have ever seen.

Chester :newyear:

• You will enjoy it allot Chester. I had never seen The Sea Chase, Blood Alley or Tall in the Saddle. So it was especially refreshing to see new to me Duke movies. I am currently starting to watch Blood Alley and the next one to watch is McQ. Have fun :)

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• For the most part, I get my movies via mail pretty good time. I do know that the company is just direct north where I live, so I guess they get to me faster than west of the Mississippi. However, I am still waiting for my copy of Warlock, a misorder from them.

Hopefully I will get before the weekend, which is tomorrow, but I could get it by Saturday.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote