Deep Discount Dvd

There are 49 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,595 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• For anyone who's been on the fence about stocking up on some Duke movies, now's the time. You can get 20% off DDDs current low prices by using the code USATODAY (taken from an ad from the newspaper) during checkout.

Also, make sure you use the 'free shipping' option, to save even more....have fun!

• Haaa! I just looked at DD DVD and purchased the newest dvd set with Tall in the Saddle, The Train robbers, ectt... But the thing that s ticking me off is that I was bidding on a new copy of Tall in the Saddle(single disc, brand new) on ebay for $6.49 and now I bought the whole works on DD DVD for $27. Anybody want a brand new copy of Tall in the Saddle? I will sell it for the price I get it for on EBay and not charge much for shipping. Let me know if you are interested, if not then I guess I will be giving it to my dad as a early Christmas gift or a late B-Day present!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Well, I won the auction. So if somebody is interested, let me know. If not I will wrap it up and give it to my dad. It is a brand new DVD of Tall in the Saddle. The same that comes in the newest box set.

-John Wayne

Originally posted by falc04@Jun 17 2005, 10:43 AM
    For anyone who's been on the fence about stocking up on some Duke movies, now's the time. You can get 20% off DDDs current low prices by using the code USATODAY (taken from an ad from the newspaper) during checkout.

Also, make sure you use the 'free shipping' option, to save even more....have fun!

[snapback]17725[/snapback]

falc04,

Wow! Thanks for that tip - we ordered our set post haste. Just for fun, we checked Amazon.com, Tower.com, and ebay. The cheapest it was anywhere was $32 plus $10 shipping on ebay, using Buy It Now. Amazon was $37.44 (free shipping), and Tower was $45.99 (an 8% savings over the "regular" price of $49.99) with free shipping.

You know, $27 and change, and free shipping sounds like a SCREAMING DEAL to me :jump: !!!

Do you know how long that deal is good for? I'm sure I could think of some other DVDs I'd like to have, for a 20% discount . . . .

Thanks again for that lead!

Chester :newyear:

• Chet,
    I just got an email from DDDVD notifying me of the 20% discount on all their inventory. It must be the same promotion even though my email says to enter the code "Supersale" in the promotional box.

The email says the offer expires on 25 June. It also says the offer is only good for items already released - it's not good for pre-orders.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• To follow up on my previous post, I'd like to ask if everyone else's experience is the same as mine when buying from Deep Discount. It's true their prices are usually the best, especially when you take into account the free shipping. But if you order only one or two DVDs, it seems like it takes forever for the order to arrive. On the other hand, if you have several items ordered, they arrive fairly quickly. Therefore, I've stopped pre-ordering from DDDVD. I wait until all the items I want have been released and submit a consolidated order for seven or eight discs at once. Then I usually get them within five or six days at the most.

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jun 18 2005, 04:32 AM
    To follow up on my previous post, I'd like to ask if everyone else's experience is the same as mine when buying from Deep Discount. It's true their prices are usually the best, especially when you take into account the free shipping. But if you order only one or two DVDs, it seems like it takes forever for the order to arrive. On the other hand, if you have several items ordered, they arrive fairly quickly. Therefore, I've stopped pre-ordering from DDDVD. I wait until all the items I want have been released and submit a consolidated order for seven or eight discs at once. Then I usually get them within five or six days at the most.

[snapback]17743[/snapback]

I've always had great success ordering from DDD, but the one drawback is (to get free shipping), they send the DVDs media mail. So, it might take them a few days to box your order, and then possibly another week for the movies to arrive. Bottom line, they offer DVDs at a great price, but you can't be in rush to get them...

• hi guys

not fair :( we dont have anything like this down under makes me drool when i hear about all of the movies that you have over there and i cant get them down under.
    will have to bide my time maybe one day they will get released down under

happy shopping all of you

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Smokey, you CAN order from DeepdiscountDVD. A friend of mine who lives in Sydney Aus, placed an order with them and got it fairly quickly.

Thanks for this Falc.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I used my discount from DeepDiscountDVD and ordered Warlock, Legend of the Lost, and Operation Pacific. I am paying $25.62 for the three, and shipping is free. If you figure that price that's an average of $8.54 per DVD. I don't think you can beat that price.

Sale is over on Saturday. You might want to get that in ASAP, and by the way the sale doesn't include preorders. Sorry, no The High & The Mighty or Island in the SKy!

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I ordered the Legendary heroes collection last Friday and received it today. That is great shipping time. Free shipping also. Paid $27.84 or something like that for 5 movies. So I would say that was a great deal.

Hondo, you will enjoy Warlock, if you have never seen it before. I got it a couple weeks ago and was surprised on how good the movie really was. I have since become a even greater fan of Richard Widmark.

-John Wayne

• Hey Viper,

That was better than what I paid when it was on sale as a preorder. I paid $29.95 for that 5 disc movie and thought that was a great deal.

I have never seen Warlock all the way through, so I am looking forward to it if only to see such a great cast. It would be a blockbuster if Duke was in it, but we'll have to settle for Hank Fonda.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Jun 24 2005, 07:35 PM
    I used my discount from DeepDiscountDVD and ordered Warlock, Legend of the Lost, and Operation Pacific.

DDDVD sent me an email notification of the 20% discount. I ordered about 10 or 12 movies. Then I read of other two other discount codes they'd accept for the 20% off so I came up with more movies to order. I finally ended up using three discount codes and ordering about 16 or 18 films.

Wish they'd offer that 20% off on pre-orders. There are still about 5 or 6 films on my wish list that haven't been released yet.

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jun 25 2005, 02:18 AM
    I finally ended up using three discount codes and ordering about 16 or 18 films.

For those of you who might want to order more films using DDDVD's 20% discount offer, here are the three different words you can enter in the promotion code box on checkout: SUPERSALE, PRICESEARCH, USATODAY. BTW, the offer ends today so if you want that discount, don't delay.

• hi ringo

the only way we can order from overseas is if you own a multi zone player if you have just a run of the mill player like i do then you can't play other zone movies. wish i had a multi zone player but a little out of my price range at this moment in time

cheers smokey

• Hi smokey,
    Don't know how true this is,
    because I haven't tried it,
    but a computer whiz kid I was speaking to yesterday,
    reckons, the bog standard DVD players
    are so cheap, they don't put the zoning chips in
    to keep the costs down!!
    In most cases, they play all regions.
    The more expensive the player, the more likey,
    they've stuck every bit of software in.
    Make sense, try it!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Cheers Smokey. I had forgotten about the zoning thing. I wish I had the spare money because I'd gladly buy you an American DVD machine and send it to you. I was at Wal-Mart yesterday evening and they have nice brand names of DVD players starting at around $50.00. In fact, I am going to be buying a portable DVD player soon whic is made by I think Magnavox. This one has a 9 or 11 inch screen and with tax is about $150.00. When I get this thing, and when I can next afford to eat at a restaurant, I will be watching one of The Duke's movies while dining.

Looks like I will finally be catching up a little with the electronic age. I have been wanting a portable DVD played for a long time, but I resisted getting one back when the cheapest one was over $300.00. Glad I waited.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• hi ringo & ethan

thats a very nice thought but we run on a different voltage to you so even with them being real cheep in america by the time we convert the power sorce it would work out just as dear as buying a multi zone player

ethan not wanting to sound too dumb but what is a bog standard dvd player have never heard of it. have tried to play other zone dvds on my dvd player but they dont work so i am thinking that all of the dvd players down under have been fixed so that they cant play other zones we can only play free zone movies on our dvd players as well as zone 4 dvds

cheers smokey