A Fine State Of Affairs.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,838 times. The latest Post () was by Robbie.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have been witnessing a number of topics on this board and while I do not actively partisipate in all of them it is hard to ignore the fact that due to an influx of new members in addition to the retention of the older ones there is a really good atmosphere developing on this messageboard.

I have been a member of this board now for two years and two months and it has frequently went through some good and bad times but I think this is the best spell this board has ever went through. I feel there are several key reasons for this

1. Tightly controlled by being well disciplined and well run by Kevin and the Moderators namely Chester, Mike and Arther. Although I hav disagreed with several decisions they have made in the past I do believe they have put the interests of the board and it members first and have done a very good job.

2. Great members who are very complimentary, tolerant and humouress in which ever individual brings with them experience and culture which is always good to read about.

3 Wide range of topics, the fact now that in the Off topic section a topic on almost anything can be started which does'nt even have to be movie related this I feel is a good decision.

I think this all shows that even after two years as a member of this board with great members which this board does have it can continue for many years to come.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie,

I agree totally with your observations,
    and whilst we can discuss Duke and his films with some seriousness,
    we also need to bring in a personal, and fun element to the board.
    We all have faces and personalities,
    and you have quite rightly pointed out on the Real Seniors thread
    there is over 50 years age gap between us all,
    but here we all are , on this site, chatting to one another.
    There ain't nothing wrong with that!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks, Robbie, for your kind words (and ethanedwards, too).

We try to do the best we can . . . if Kevin would only give us a raise, we could possibly do even better :D .

The board has been picking up new members lately, and in the past six months, we have really gotten many new folks that have had real "staying power."

Chester :newyear:

• hi chester

its not staying power its a case of they came, we saw and we kidnapped them with our witty style and warm welcomes thats what makes them keep coming back :lol:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Chester

I agree 100% staying power is the key factor in a successful messageboard, this has always been a small board but with around 20-25 members it is by no means an insignificant one.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie