It's A Very Sad Day.

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,690 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Stumpy, thanks for the link to that story.

One thing I like about living in South Texas is that we here don't go for that "politically correct" garbage anywhere near like it is elsewhere. At least here in my area, the peoples of this area pretty much all get along very well (blacks, hispanics and whites) and about 98% of all of us feel the same about destroying the radicals and other islamic troublemakers and the hell with their rights. Also, most of us here are country boys and we definately aint going to let the muslim minority push us around. The ragheads KNOW better about not starting any trouble here.

Anyone remember what happened back in what? 1979-1980, when the Iranians took over the US Embassy in Tehran, Iran. Well, I was living in Kingsville at that time. Kingsville had a world recognized university then known as Texas A&I University.

Well, there are many foreign students going to that university. During the time of the take over of our embassy, many Iranian and muslim student took it on themselves to start trouble on the campus as well as doing protests and American Flag burnings and such. I am proud to say that both my older brothers watched one raghead try to light an American flag in fire, and they rushed to that fool, grabbed that flag out of that fools hands and tossed it to safety. Said raghead grabbed my older brother by his shoulder and he turned around and proceeded to beat the hell out of said raghead. At that time I was only about 13-14 yrs old and was too young to participate.

Just now on the radio, they said that 49 British Citizens are dead from the homicide bombings. :(:(:(:angry:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I suspect the Islamofascists may have shot themselves in the foot with their latest outrages. First of all, I'm confident the British are made of much sterner stuff than the Spaniards and the attacks in London will probably result in more support for PM Blair's policy of supporting the US in Iraq, not less. The Brits won't cut and run like the Spaniards did after the Madrid train bombings.

Secondly, and even more importantly, their kidnapping and murder of Egypt's ambassador to Iraq is likely to turn many Arabs against them and will probably backfire by causing a revulsion even among moderate Muslims, resulting in less support for their savage "cause".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Stumpy you're right this will only make us more determined to sort this out

as Will said

Now stiffen the sinew,
    summon up the blood,
    disguise fair nature
    with hard favoured rage.
    Cry God for Harry
    England and St George.

There is one good thing to think about on Thursday at least one of the murderers was a suicide bomber that one less to kill or inflict damage.
    I hope he rots in whatever heaven or hell he goes.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• This is the first opportunity I've had to add to this thread. I went to mass yesterday and prayed for all the people who were killed and injured. I have family living in London, but thank god, they were not in that part of the city at the time of the bombings.

Having lived with these kind of atrocities for over thirty years, we on the island of Ireland know how the people of London are feeling today. To watch the TV pictures of them getting back to as normal, as it's possible to get so quickly, is a testament to their resilience, and determination not to let these people win.

I'm glad to hear that Keith and Arthur, as well as their families and friends are safe, and hope we hear from Chance soon.

My family and I continue to pray for the lost and injured, and with everyone here, hope that nothing like this happens again.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• :( Well, as of this morning I hear the toll of those murdered go up to 51. They are also saying that more bodies are still buried in a tunnel. :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi everyone,
    I've just had an e-mail from Birmingham, here in England,
    from one of my family,
    they have had to go into the city centre,
    to collect people from work.
    Apparently, the city centre has now been evacuated as a precaution,
    against suspected terrorist threat!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Was very shocked and saddened to hear this on CNN the other day. It was only a matter of time before something like this occured they have made many threats.Its a good thing the U.S and their allies are racking up their deathtolls of those terrorists, hopefully this will never happen again.

-IHW

• I haven't heard much this weekend due to hurricane conditions, so what is going on right now with the investigation? Do they have any clues who did it, and the death count is over 50?

I still think about you guys who put up with this.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hello All
    To use terror to advance a cause is a cowards choice. I feel for the victims
    and their families. No offence but every country has some and people everywhere will stand up to them now like they always have. I believe in the basic decency of most people, and nothing I have read or heard about has changed that. Someday when the access to education has allowed most people to understand the human dynamic better, it won't be easy for radicals on the extreme left or right to manipulate people into supporting violence over communication. Freedom like all precious commodities has it's price. The progress of the human race seems hard to recognize at times like these, but I think we have come a long ways. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th