Here We Go Again!

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,707 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Stick in there Hondo!!! We Prayed for you people that are in all that Trouble down there in Church this Morning, I sure hope it did some good! I was in one of those thing back in the early 1950s at Lake Charles, La. and I do not want any more part of it.

Good luck My Friend. Bill :cowboy:

• Here in alberta (thats in Canada, folks :P ). Weve been getting MANY tornado scares lately,a few have touched down close to my places, and a few years back touched down at a campground...many deaths and much destruction sadly.It really hit close to home how they can happen anywhere.

I never thought i would ever be through one and its very scary the weather lately..freak thunder and lightening storms which have been the worst ive EVER seen.

-IHW

• Here it is about 10:45 pm (local time), and the storm is straight west from us going north, northwest, and for the most part, we are doing well. The storm took out the cable which took me off line for about 45 minutes, and as for the power, we lost it for about 2 minutes (much better than last time when we lost power for 5 days). Not too much damage from what I've seen. We suffered at my house a limbs (small). I should be able to get that cleaned up in maybe an hour at most.

We are experiencing flooding in the area. I haven't seen any evidence of it. We are under a curfew until morning. Anyway, I just wanted to stay in touch and say that we have made it. As far as I heard no one in the US died in Hurricane Dennis. We'll have to wait and see tomorrow will bring. The rain should end by noon tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be sooner.

Thanks for the prayers, and Kevin, I'm glad to hear that you are alright as well. I heard about the tornado warnings popping up around the greater Atlanta area. I think I heard that there was no damage in your area.

Thanks Chester and Mrs. for the call and encouragement from you. You are great.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I have just watched the TV news pictures of hurricane Dennis hitting the southern east coast of America. Boy, you guys are having a hard time of it over there.

I hope you, your families and friends are all safe.

I have friends flying out to Florida this week on holiday, I hope things will have settled down by the time they get there.

In the meantime, keep your heads down, and your feet dry.

My prayers are with you all.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hi Hondo, Cole and Kevin and anyone else in the storm's path -
    I'm glad to see you made it through Dennis. Though reports said that the storm lessened as it came in, that doesn't diminish the possible damage that might result, not to mention the physcological effects such an event can cause. You folks were constantly in my thoughts during the day yesterday - I kept watching reports on the Weather Channel most of the day. Stay tough!
    Cheers - Jay :)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• It would also seem that Tropical Depression #5 may become Hurricane Emily by week's end. It may be my first hurricane of the season, as it is on that dreaded "west north west" track. It is expected in our area after hitting the Dominican Republic and Cuba. It seems that hurricanes always hit on the weekends and around 2:00am here in south Florida.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• HERE WE GO AGAIN, RIGHT COLE!!

We are bracing for this next storm. We can't believe that we are getting this much weather this time of year. It's a record! Anyway, Cole hope this storm just moves up and goes north into the Atlantic and fizzles out. And stay away from land and the gulf.

Did you know that there is another disturbance after that fifth one, that could be named Emily?

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote