What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,458,444 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "The Last Of The Fast Guns" (1958)
    -Jock Mahoney

Plot: IMDB

-- A rich, dying Easterner hires gunfighter Brad Ellison to find his brother and heir in Mexico. En route, it becomes clear to Ellison that his is a dying profession. At a remote rancho, Ellison enlists ranch foreman Miles Lang to help him search the hills where the missing man is rumored to have lived. They find nothing ...except that someone wants to kill them; and Ellison becomes wrapped in a maze of double crosses.

Phantom's Review: I don't know about anybody else, but I like Jock Mahoney. I think he was a very underrated actor, His films weren't classics, but most of them were solid well made films. "The Last Of The Fast Guns" is a perfect example. plenty of good western action, solid plot good acting and lots of familiar character actors in supporting roles. If you like a good western, this is fun viewing.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "The Last Of The Fast Guns" (1958)
    -Jock Mahoney

Phantom's Review: I don't know about anybody else, but I like Jock Mahoney. I think he was a very underrated actor, His films weren't classics, but most of them were solid well made films. "The Last Of The Fast Guns" is a perfect example. plenty of good western action, solid plot good acting and lots of familiar character actors in supporting roles. If you like a good western, this is fun viewing.

Actually really like Jock Mahoney.
    I think he gets a hard time re his Tarzan films, but he could actually act, which is more than can be said for some of the other guys!

I'll have to track this one down.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Just for info, you all probably know but The Last of the Fast Guns over here in the UK has been re-titled Duel in the Sierra.

No idea why they insist on doing this, make finding films mighty difficult.

Edited once, last by Dooley ().

• I started my "Duke´s Birthday Weekend" with The Telegraph Trail! I had not seen this one before and I liked it! Funny old western movie, starring a very young Duke and I enjoyed the Duke´s horse named Duke doing some little tricks...

After The Telegraph Trail I watched a documentary John Wayne - The restless American (O.K., that´s not a western), that ran on German television a few years ago.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• More eps of: Wanted Dead or Alive. Darn shame that Steve McQueen got out of his contract--this show could have easily lasted a few more seasons.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• 2 more eps of Wanted Dead or Alive. Sadly, ill be starting the final disc full of the last seasons episodes-probably tonight--that is--between War Movies.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched The Big Trail on Blu Ray, with my Stetson on, to celebrate the Duke's birthday!
    It really is wonderful to see the Fox Grandeur version in all its glory and a very young Duke who seems to be having the time of his life.

• Angel & the Badman on Encore Western Channel. And also seen some of Duke's "B" movies on that channel, The Desert Trail, The Dawn Rider and Paradise Canyon. Not bad for a birthday, celebration.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "The Last Sunset" (1961)
    -Kirk Douglas, Rock Hudson

Plot: IMDB
    Brendan O'Malley arrives at the Mexican home of old flame Belle Breckenridge to find her married to a drunkard getting ready for a cattle drive to Texas. Hot on O'Malley's heels is lawman Dana Stribling who has a personal reason for getting him back into his jurisdiction. Both men join Breckenridge and his wife on the drive. As they near Texas tensions mount, not least because Stribling is starting to court Belle and O'Malley is increasingly drawn by her daughter Missy.
    Phantom's Review: Entertaining, but somewhat soap opera-ish western film. The acting is very good and the story is decently written. The action is good, when they get to it. Mostly this is a character driven film. Definitely worth a viewing if your a fan of the genre.
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town