What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,452,783 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• THE DAWN RIDER (2012)

The remake of the old John Wayne Lone Star Western from the 30's. This one stars Christian Slater and Donald Sutherland.

BAD MOVIE! I thought if they just had to remake old movies, then remake the old B Westerns. That way they could flesh out the characters a little more and add a little depth to the story. BUT NO! THEY ACTUALLY MADE IT WORSE!

This one was poorly written, the acting wasn't much, and, well, it was just bad all the way around! Why do they have to use the "F Word" so much! It just makes the dialog sound so idiotic!

Also, a very dull ending....I missed the big fight scene and Yakima Canutt Stunt work!!!

Makes me appreciate the old "Lone Star Oaters" a little bit more!

• More dead than alive.
    Clint walker, turning in a decent performance, Vincent price and Anne Francis. Enjoyed it far more than I was expecting too. The fight between clint walker and Mike Henry is great.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Sounds like something "up my alley" with the Mountain Men. Will look it up. Thanks, Bud! I will let you know if it sticks to the MM in reality.
    Ride hard but don't put him up wet! KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Tin Star. Henry Fonda and Anthony Perkins. Very good western indeed.
    I'm discovering all these old classics since joining the forum, having to educate myself in the a western genre to feel less of a green horn, like Gregory Peck in The Big Country! :wink_smile:

• Doing Gettysburg on Blu ray. Splitting my viewing to events on the relevant day so watched the 1st of July section yesterday and 2nd of July section after midnight. Works quite well as its so long each section takes almost a day to watch!
    really enjoying it, once I got past the dubious facial hair: Blu ray doesn't take any prisoners so they're even more laughable in places.

• Fess Parker and Buddy Ebsen in Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier. Nice old Walt Disney western telling episodes of the life of the famous frontiersman.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Fess Parker and Buddy Ebsen in Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier. Nice old Walt Disney western telling episodes of the life of the famous frontiersman.

I haven't seen that since I was a kid!
    Does it still stand up as a good film?

• Ya know Peter, I would love to see that again. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, also. After each movie, us neighborhood kids would get together and act out parts of the movie. We had about 10 acres of woods, a stream, huge bamboo forest, and a very small cabin that we used in our little "plays". All of us had guns and holsters, BB rifles, sheath knives, etc. We would crawl around in the underbrush and sneak through the fields. Usually the plot was to see which "team" could get to the cabin first without being seen by a member of the other team. Funny how old films bring back such fond memories. KPKEITH

I haven't seen that since I was a kid!
    Does it still stand up as a good film?

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• The Searchers. Can't help but love this one. Duke was robbed when the Oscar nominations were handed out, that's for sure.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "