What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,453,246 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• 2-Gunsmoke episodes, The Pariah with the always great John Dehner, and Two Tall Men with James Gregory. Both great hour long episodes from the 60s-

• The Cheyenne Social Club with Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda, was a real fun picture with great chemistry between the two. Was a well balanced movie and i'm starting to become a huge fan of Stewart's

Haven't seen that one.......for my list. I have been a fan of his since I think I was about 5 or 6 when he narrated the WINNIE THE POOH stories that had the "turn the page" book, LOL! What a voice. He is easy to imitate because of his voice and his western "walk"....yep, he had one too! KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• "Appaloosa" with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen as Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch. Cole and Hitch are professional gunslingers and friends for years. The rapport between the two is the whole show, and the shorthand between them is a thing of beauty as they tame the town named in the title.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "Appaloosa" with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen as Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch. Cole and Hitch are professional gunslingers and friends for years. The rapport between the two is the whole show, and the shorthand between them is a thing of beauty as they tame the town named in the title.

We deal in lead, friend.

Did not realize they had made a movie of the Robert B Parker book. The man famous for creating the Spenser series of books and Spenser for Hire TV series also wrote four or five western novels about Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch. I'll have to find that movie.

• Did not realize they had made a movie of the Robert B Parker book. The man famous for creating the Spenser series of books and Spenser for Hire TV series also wrote four or five western novels about Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch. I'll have to find that movie.

It's a good movie, Batjac. You should enjoy it.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Red River-the James Arness version. Nice to see so many familiar faces-Arness, Robert Horton, John Lupton, et al. but, as much as I like Arness, he's no Duke.

• Obviously, Carl you have too much free time. But I can list your movies by heart. Great movies for sure. And, I must say, that I am watching McLintock right now. What a great and wonderful movie!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().