What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,908 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The War Wagon. Just had a hankerin' to see it, and so I did. Found it interesting that Chuck Roberson played two different roles. The first was with Bruce Dern when Duke shot him (he was the taller one), and the second was as one of Pierce's men when they blew up the bridge and he said "There's another crossin' downstream! Let's go!" I only saw this happen in one other John Wayne western, and that was The SOns of Katie Elder when Karl Swenson played two different roles.
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Just got done watching El Dorado. Anybody know if that concoction that Mississippi made to "cure" JP Hara of wanting to drink is real or just made up for the film?

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The Gunfighter with Gregory Peck - very good
    Sabata with Lee van Cleef - ridiculous
    Death rides a horse (aka As a man to man and other names) with Lee van Cleef - a decent movie

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Watched:
    "The Son's of Katie Elder"

"The Last Wagon" with Richard Widmark

"The legend of Cable Hogue" with Jason Robards(very odd "western") This was not Sam Pekinpahs best film, thats for sure.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hang 'em high. Clint's 1. American western film. Very good, gives something to think. I love the music too

I don't believe in surrenders.

• "The Last Wagon" with Richard Widmark was my most recent western.

About three decent westerns have been released on DVD lately. Since that's my favorite genre, I naturally bought all three. The other two were "Culpepper Cattle Company" and "Yellow Sky".

I'm anxious to see Robert Duvall's "Broken Trail", which is supposed to be released on DVD in September.

De gustibus non est disputandum