What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,462,106 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Phantomstranger@Nov 18 2006, 06:25 PM
    Tombstone

[snapback]37079[/snapback]

I also saw Tombstone today. Good film with good actors.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched Tom Selleck, Sam Elliott, Ben Johnson, Harry Carey Jr, & Gene Evans in the excellent: The Shadow Riders.

Tom Selleck, Ben Johnson and Sam Elliott made a great trio. If Ben Johnson were still alive--I would have loved seeing these three star in a remake of Three Godfathers. I think it would have been brough off very brilliently.

Rest in Peace Ben--you surely are missed.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Cat Ballou - Jane Fonda's first and the other of total two westerns. I say, "it's just swell". Lee Marvin as a drunk gunfighter sitting on a horse apparently in equivalent shape :lol:

I don't believe in surrenders.

• "Buffalo Bill and the Indians" with Paul Newman and Burt Lancaster. It was weird that I watched this before the day of Robert Altman's passing.
    Anyway, this was another of Altman's irreverant looks at history. I didn't enjoy this as much as "MASH."
    Cheers - Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I watched Johnny Reno with my dad over the Thanksgiving holiday. I also gave him "Sergeant Rutledge" and "100 Rifles" but we didn't get to watch them yet.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• A double feature on AMC. I saw The Shepard of the Hills, and The Fighting Kentuckian. Not only a double feature of westerns, but double Duke.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Peckinpah´s Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. Coburn makes a stylish Garrett, Bob Dylan´s quite interesting in his small role and provides good music for the film. I don´t like Kris Kristofferson, but that´s a problem only if I´m supposed to feel sympathy towards the Kid, which I don´t - and I think that is the major problem of the film: it leaves me cold, uninvolved

I don't believe in surrenders.

• The Undefeated
    -John Wayne, Rock Hudson

In my opinion, not one of Wayne's best movies. The plot and ending are a little weak, but it has some great actors doing a good job. Far from being a classic, but watchable

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Caught Ride the High Country with Joel Mc Crea and Randolph Scott. Good little western not usually a Peckinpah fan but it is one of his earlier movies.

I noticed James Drury from The Virginian in a small role. Is he still alive and working?

Mike