What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,824 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Guns of the Magnificent Seven:teeth_smile:

The Fastest Gun Alive:thumbs_up:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Hondo. North to Alaska (not sure if that falls under western or comedy but they wore cowboy hats :teeth_smile: ) Rio bravo

• "Monte Walsh" (1970)
    -Lee Marvin, Jack Palance

IMDB:An aging cowboy realizes that the West he knew and loved will soon be no more--and that there will be no room for him, either

Phantom's Review: Well written and very well acted character study, While this film is light on action it more than makes up for it with excellent performances by it's stars.
    A fine film. (The Tom Selleck remake is pretty good too.)

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Well Hondo,
    Both Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen looked at home in the roles of
    western lawmen.There is plenty of action between the law and the bad guys
    and there is also a romantic interest with the lovely Ms.Renee Zellweger.
    I won't tell you what goes on ,but if you're a western fan,this movie is in
    my humble opinion,worth a look.Or as I said before,I enjoyed it.

• Hondo:
    If you read the book then you know the story. It follows it exactly. I can honestly say that I have never read a book that the movie followed it so well. It leaves off some of the highlioghts but you can watch these in the deleted scenes. I would say that avenger's does a good job reviewing the movie with his summation.
    wbbison

• I agree, it was enjoyable. While it won't go down as one of the classics, it was worth the time it took to watch it. Enough action and story to keep you interested.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I agree, it was enjoyable. While it won't go down as one of the classics, it was worth the time it took to watch it. Enough action and story to keep you interested.

Mark

Hondo:
    If you read the book then you know the story. It follows it exactly. I can honestly say that I have never read a book that the movie followed it so well. It leaves off some of the highlioghts but you can watch these in the deleted scenes. I would say that avenger's does a good job reviewing the movie with his summation.
    wbbison

Well Hondo,
    Both Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen looked at home in the roles of
    western lawmen.There is plenty of action between the law and the bad guys
    and there is also a romantic interest with the lovely Ms.Renee Zellweger.
    I won't tell you what goes on ,but if you're a western fan,this movie is in
    my humble opinion,worth a look.Or as I said before,I enjoyed it.

Would it be better as a rental or a buy?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Would it be better as a rental or a buy?

To each his own taste, Hondo, so it's hard to say. I liked it enough to be glad I bought it. I do know I will watch it again. I like Ed Harris And Viggo, and they did the film justice.

So...I say buy. :thumbs_up:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks Mark and wbbison,

I will take you advice and buy it. I may wait a while for the price to go down. I just hope it goes down soon.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote