What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,508 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Far Country with James Stewart and Walter Brennan What else can you say about this movie. It is always one of the great ones with Stewart and adding Brennan that is that much special.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, on my new Blu-ray player. I have always loved this film, now I love it more!

Mark

That's just rubbing salt in the wound!:wink_smile:
    My copy of Hondo Has only just shipped as it went out of stock.
    Glad it seems to be a good transfer

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Harsh, but made me laugh!

Roll on a quick delivery.

• Six Gun Gospel -- i.e., I'm making my way through the Warner Archive Collection's latest Monogram Cowboys set. Nine Johnny Mack Brown movies...it's like eating a delicious box of chocolates! :) I feel completely indulgent. :)

• Six Gun Gospel -- i.e., I'm making my way through the Warner Archive Collection's latest Monogram Cowboys set. Nine Johnny Mack Brown movies...it's like eating a delicious box of chocolates! :) I feel completely indulgent. :)

Paula,
    You have to stop this!
    I've been oblivious to these releases, up until now, now I'm searching to find out more about them:wink_smile:

• Watched Bandolero! with Jimmy Stewart, Dean Martin, George Kennedy and Dobe Carey among others. Directed by Andrew McLaglen it was a good watch and featured many of Duke's friends and co-stars, was an enjoyable film, a story of a brother trying t help his brother go straight for his own good aswell as a love triangle of sorts between Kennedy/Martin and the always easy on the eye Raquel Welch. The ending was quite sad. Definately reccomended, could have seen Duke playing Kennedy or Stewart's role but I doubt he would have taken any part other than big lead at this stage of his career.

• Hi

The Bells of Coranado with Roy Rogers Dale Evans and trigger the Smartest Horse in the west.

I used to watch these sort of films when I was kid at Saturday morning picture club.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• As mentioned before Arthur so did I.
    It was called the ABC Minors if I recall

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England