What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,420 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Peter. Yes, the Universal 5 pack is all blu ray. I don't have any of them on any format, so I'm psyched about this.

We deal in lead, friend.

That's awesome news!

Saskatchewan should look amazing.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Tis ABOUT TIME--they release Pillars. Now I wish they woulod release more Jeff CHandler movies like: Red Ball Express-and the onw he was in with Walter (Jack) Palance in which they were German Army bomb defusal experts--cant think of the titles name

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Peter. Yes, the Universal 5 pack is all blu ray. I don't have any of them on any format, so I'm psyched about this.

We deal in lead, friend.

Dang it... I guess that means I cant get them since I dont have ablue ray player. To steal one of Curly's lines: "Im Mad, im furious, im (SMACK) gets hit by Moe.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Arthur, can't recall if this was already posted, but Twilight Time has announced a blu ray release of "Major Dundee" early next year. No word on which versions or what any extras might be involved. I've met Nick Redman who is producing this and he is a righteous Sam Peckinpah fan. He and his partners were even nominated for an Academy Award for their documentary - "The Wild Bunch: A Study in Montage".

Here's hoping.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Great News Bill and thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully it'll be the uncut version.

Twilight time never put much on their blu rays apart from an isolated score so it'd be nice if they started to.
    You must have the inside track as I haven't seen them advertising it on their website yet!:wink_smile:

• Watched this last night. As Westerns go, it was pretty tame - no gunfights or fistfights. Just Joel McCrea helping transform the spoiled youngster Dean Stockwell into a much more likable and responsible young man during a cattle drive to New Mexico.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "Trooper Hook"

Joel McCrea is a frontier cavalry sergeant tasked with recapturing a renegade Apache. When he captures the band of Indians, there's the white woman Barbara Stanwyck among the group, with a child fathered by the renegade chief.

The plot is similar to Gregory Peck's "The Stalking Moon", though I think the latter is a better movie. Naturally, McCrea and Stanwyck do a great job but Peck and his white squaw Eva Marie Saint are a shade better.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "The plot is similar to Gregory Peck's "The Stalking Moon", though I think the latter is a better movie. Naturally, McCrea and Stanwyck do a great job but Peck and his white squaw Eva Marie Saint are a shade better."

Aw Eva Marie Saint, a shade better? What a beautiful lady, she's a female Henry Fonda. She makes every movie she is in better, just like Fonda did.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• "Trooper Hook"

Joel McCrea is a frontier cavalry sergeant tasked with recapturing a renegade Apache. When he captures the band of Indians, there's the white woman Barbara Stanwyck among the group, with a child fathered by the renegade chief.

The plot is similar to Gregory Peck's "The Stalking Moon", though I think the latter is a better movie. Naturally, McCrea and Stanwyck do a great job but Peck and his white squaw Eva Marie Saint are a shade better.

Thanks for the mini review. This film has been on my radar for a while and it always gets pretty good reviews. I'll have to check it out.