What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,466,918 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ill take your word on it. I almost ordered either Ambush w/ Robert Taylor--or Best of the Badmen with Randolph Scott. Clint Walker won hands down ;-))

There's a Clint walker on Warner archives I've never seen.
    It called Hardcase. If anyone has seen post on here if its a good one!

Have you checked your PM lately Carl?:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• This was a typical TV movie back in the 70s, just ok as I remember.

Thanks Alamo221.

Ok doesn't really cut it it I'm thinking of buying something.

I saw Yuma, which was another TV effort by Clint Walker, hugely unmemorable.

Sounds like this may be the same

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Shepherd of the Hills- What a great movie, and I got a shock when I realized it was in color. This was a really nice story with a great unique feeling around it, great cast and a good story, it felt very much like a John Ford movie to me rather than Hathaway though I can't put my finger on exactly why that is. I think Duke's part in this film was rather small for top billing, his character was more important to the plot than the movie if you get my meaning, the real joy in the movie for me was Harry Carey and his interactions with all the supporting characters, i'd never seen him outside of small roles though I knew of Harry Jr. and am not a fan, but was thoroughly impressed with him here. Had the feel of a classic to me though I see some mixed reactions over in the dedicated thread. A different kind of Duke western!

• "Tombstone" last night I saw it from beginning to end for the first time ever and liked it.
    I had read the movie info from one of these sites, so I noticed a lot more of the people this time
    and scenarios this time. Recorded "Wichita" to watch soon.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• I want to correct my error in reporting that the Universal box set of 5 westerns is in Blu-ray. It's not. It's DVD format. No one is more disappointed than me, but sorry if I raised false hopes. At least Carl will be happy.

Bill

• Yellowstone Kelly. Although I have always liked Clint as an actor and loved his voice....all he really has to do is just stand there for me! Of course, the taking off of the shirt helps greatly, also. Loved this little movie. TP, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• There's a Clint walker on Warner archives I've never seen.
    It called Hardcase. If anyone has seen post on here if its a good one!

Have you checked your PM lately Carl?:wink_smile:

Ive heard of this one but never seen it either. Looks like he's packing a Tokerov.

Checked and replied to PM--I think the one I sent yesterday got lost in the (Theme music for the Twilight Zone plays) Internet Zone.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I want to correct my error in reporting that the Universal box set of 5 westerns is in Blu-ray. It's not. It's DVD format. No one is more disappointed than me, but sorry if I raised false hopes. At least Carl will be happy.

Bill

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes Wednesday even more enjoyable ;-)) I think it will be released in blue ray shortly after--seems like everything else is. I GOTTA have Pillars--just gotta.

• Yellowstone Kelly. Although I have always liked Clint as an actor and loved his voice....all he really has to do is just stand there for me! Of course, the taking off of the shirt helps greatly, also. Loved this little movie. TP, KEITH

Just watched that about a week ago and greatly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed it more because of Claude Akins and John Russell being in it. Im becoming a big fan of movies with John Russell in them. Shame he's been gone so long :(

• He had a western TV series in the late 50s-early 60's called "Lawman"

That was the "John Russell", Russ....in THE LAWMAN? I LOVED HIM. Now have to go back and find him in Yellowstone. There was someone in there I KNEW that I knew..must've been him! Yep, he was a good 'un! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• From the bits I'd read, he kinda shot himself in the foot career wise. Possibly getting too demanding, making him undesirable to hire. Warner's gave him Lawman, and then Rio Bravo thru that connection, but things kinda dried up after those.

• The Hired Hand with Peter Fonda and Warren Oates. It was the directorial debut of Peter Fonda. I found it slow and really not a great tale.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "