What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,454,579 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It's a shame Russell didn't have a bigger career. At least he had Rio Bravo, and the Eastwood films.

Loved him as Nathan Burdette in Rio Bravo. I saw him in Fort Massacre and he was excellent in it even killling someone who he deemed "needed killin." Ive seen a couple eps of Lawman and hope they are on DvD--will look around and see.

Untill about a week ago--I never associated him in a few of Eastwoods movies--but when I saw he was Bloody Bill Anderson in: The Outlaw Josey Wales--got me to looking a bit more. I then found he was in pale Rider--but I never really cared for that movie. Now I MIGHT change my mind. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• That was the "John Russell", Russ....in THE LAWMAN? I LOVED HIM. Now have to go back and find him in Yellowstone. There was someone in there I KNEW that I knew..must've been him! Yep, he was a good 'un! KEITH

In Yellowstone--he was the Sioux Indian Chief--Chief Gall. Was VERY good in that part IMO.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• TOMBSTONE, Yep MB, YOU FINALLY GOT ME. Twice now I have watched it and still haven't quite gotten used to Kurt not being a Disney type character, but.....I am getting there. The rest is fantastic. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I just bought Blu-Rays movies:
    on Amazon- Patton for $9.99 + shipping & tax
    on WarnerBrothers The Searchers for 6.99 + Tax only
    " WyattEarp(Costner)/Assassination of for 8.99 "
    Jessie James-Brad Pitt/Casey Affleck
    Warner Brothers has no shipping and many Blu-Rays on sale at $6.99 & 8.99 right now . There are a couple more of John Wayne here.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Hey May, you must have been watching TCM yesterday for "Deadly Companions". I DVR'ed it and watched it early this morning. It was the first time I had ever seen it widescreen. Good stuff.
    Lady Hawk, I'm so glad you liked "Tombstone". Every actor was spot on, but Val Kilmer was sublime as Doc. Bruce Boughton's music score was as good as his "Silverado" one. Can't believe that this one was thrown away without early screenings for reviewers. It does have a solid cult following and Kurt has all the missing footage in his possession. Here's hoping Goldie gives him some time to restore it.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Yep, liked it MB. Just have to watch it a few more times to get more out of it. Probably will just love it then! Glad you had fun with the kids. Next time, give then an extra extra one for YK!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE