What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,431 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Quite enjoyable 3 hours of Wyatt Earp, pretty good acting from Kevin Cos-tner (so now you can't even write his name on this board anymore)

The Great train robbery, 1903, interesting for being the first filmed western story

I don't believe in surrenders.

• The Quick And The Dead. I Don't Know Way Because I Really Dislike The Movie.

Glad someone else here besides me that hates this movie. I can't stand it--not because of the actors but, I absolutly can't stand someone wearing sunglasses - who is supposed to be in the Wild West. As far as I know, these were not invented and worn in those times. Least--I have never seen any photographic proof of any Cowboys & Cowgirls--wearing them.

I struggled through the movie once--never will watch it again.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Marx-brothers´ Go West (1940), mostly the same old jokes, watchable but not very funny

• "The Train Robbers"
    -John Wayne, Ann-Margaret

Five gunhands led by a man named Lane are hired by a widow, Mrs. Lowe, to find gold stolen by her husband so that she may return it and start fresh.

While not one of Wayne's classics, this is a fun "popcorn" movie. Good action and plot and Ann Margaret is drop dead gorgeous.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "The Train Robbers"
    -John Wayne, Ann-Margaret

Five gunhands led by a man named Lane are hired by a widow, Mrs. Lowe, to find gold stolen by her husband so that she may return it and start fresh.

While not one of Wayne's classics, this is a fun "popcorn" movie. Good action and plot and Ann Margaret is drop dead gorgeous.

Ann Margaret sure is drop deal gorgeous. You ought to see her in the movie: The Villain-w/ Kirk Douglas, AHNOLD Schwarzenegger and Paul Lynde. It's a comedy-western that has Kirk (dressed in black) as the villain, and is done in a Bugs Bunny-style-but is live action--cartoon.

All I can say about Ann Margaret in this film is :hyper: hubba hubba hubba :thumbs_up: :teeth_smile: :wink_smile:

• Hi Jay, Jim, Sue,

Jay--you got that right :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :thumbs_up:

Jim/Sue, I have seen her site before--shows some great photos of her. Too bad she never made any films with the Duke. After Maureen O'Hara, Ann Margaret is my next favorite.

• Went and rented a movie called: The Last Confederate. It was a pretty decent movie and was based on a all true events-of something that happened to a Gentleman that was a Captain in a South Carolina unit. It was pretty entertaining but not a movie for my collection.

Oh and, I was much pleased and rather surprised, to see Mickey Rooney in a bit part in this movie. :thumbs_up:

• "Texas Rangers" (2001)

The movie is set in 1875, a decade after the Civil War ended. During the war, the Texas Rangers had disbanded to fight for the Confederacy. At war's end, they were not reformed and the Union Army was occupying Texas, charged primarily with defending the State from Indian depredations. In the movie, the Governor of Texas asks Leander McNelly (Dylan McDermott)to form a company of Rangers to deal with the banditry along the Mexican border. Most of his company of Rangers are young men, orphans for the most part (James Van Der Beek, Ashton Kutcher) and a smattering of veterans of the late war (Robert Patrick, Randy Travis). Their prime target is the bandit King Fisher (Alfred Molina)who is stealing cattle, burning ranches, raping, looting, pillaging and otherwise breaking the law.

Decent, action filled movie. Nothing great but a fun popcorn movie.

• "Avenging Angel"
    -Kevin Sorbo

A former Preacher turned bounty hunter returns to the town where his family was killed and seeks revenge against the man who killed them.

Light on action (at least until the end) but well acted. A decent film for a made for cable TV movie

• Went and rented a movie called: The Last Confederate. It was a pretty decent movie and was based on a all true events-of something that happened to a Gentleman that was a Captain in a South Carolina unit. It was pretty entertaining but not a movie for my collection.

Oh and, I was much pleased and rather surprised, to see Mickey Rooney in a bit part in this movie. :thumbs_up:

I saw this movie and was thinking of renting it myself. According the the cover it was made by the relatives of the guy the story was based on.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The Silent man by Bill Hart, good story if somewhat lacking structure before it gets going. I love the rugged image he gives of the West

On the same dvd, an industrial film from 1925, on making Stetsons, interesting process and that they were made of beaver, nutria, hare and rabbit furs