What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,529 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Last night I watched my brand new 2 disc version of Rio Bravo.

While I was on the phone with Ringo last night, I was watching my older version. Still a good movie and boy did I get a good laugh when Walter Brennan whops Duke on the backside with that broom!!!!!:teeth_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• While I was on the phone with Ringo last night, I was watching my older version. Still a good movie and boy did I get a good laugh when Walter Brennan whops Duke on the backside with that broom!!!!!:teeth_smile:

You guys talk on the phone while watching a movie?? I could never do that, to many distractions

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• You guys talk on the phone while watching a movie?? I could never do that, to many distractions

heh heh, that's one of the great things about owning a copy of the movie :teeth_smile: You miss it, just restart. :thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The two sons living at home saved up and pooled their funds to buy a Playstation 3, which among other things, can play Blu-ray discs, so they ran down to the video store to rent a Blu-ray disc and came home with . . . Rio Bravo!! It was very interesting watching the movie in such a high quality of definition (I guess that speaks well for our TV, too). The thing that impressed me the most was the unbelievable clarity of Duke's Red River D belt buckle. The silver was silver and the gold was gold - beautiful! Of course, the movie is well known by all of us, and I enjoyed seeing it again for the umpteenth time. I also was watching for the word "Dude" . . . :wink_smile: ! Walter Brennan was his usual brilliant self and while Ricky Nelson was singing, I pointed out to my 11 year old son that when I was his age, Ricky was competing for #1 spot with Elvis (to show you how o-o-o-o-o-o-o-old I am :ohmy: ).

As the saying goes . . . a good time was had by all!

Chester :newyear:

• Watched "The Undefeated" on a recently purchased DVD in letterbox. Beautiful photography - perhaps not one of the Duke's best, but still entertaining, nonetheless!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• I watched Open Range on Monday night with Kevin Costner and Robert Duval. It has a great shootout scene.

I agree, well staged and if you have surround sound it sounds awesome!! Probably a top 5 western shootout in a movie, in my opinion.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I know I mentioned somewhere that I watched Dunkirk which stars Sir John Mills, Bernard Lee and Sir Richard Attenborough.

All I can say is that this is an EXCELLENT film. ;-))

A quote from Sir John Mills as Corporal Tubby Binns "STUKAS!!! TAKE COVER!!!" God I love that movie.

• Caught the last half hour of "The Angel and the Badman" on the Western Channel this morning. Even caught Chilibill's scamper out of town toward the end. Always liked Harry Carey's appearance in any movie - he always added class to anything he was in.
    And, of course, Duke!

"Not hardly!!!"

• Distant Drums with Gary Cooper. Even if I always heard that it is very bad movie, it was qute entertaining and professionally directed by Ralf Walsh. But I found many similarities in the plot with Objective Birma. Birma is better, even if it is not historical accurate.

• Distant Drums with Gary Cooper. Even if I always heard that it is very bad movie, it was qute entertaining and professionally directed by Ralf Walsh. But I found many similarities in the plot with Objective Birma. Birma is better, even if it is not historical accurate.

Hi Vera, I agree with you and too, like this movie. I admit it is not his best film but it is not his worst one either. I always liked Raoul Walsh movies and thought he did a good job on this one. Being a Flynn Fan like I am, Objective Burma is also another favorite of mine.

The last Western I saw was: Rio Grande. :teeth_smile:

• Watched North to Alaska on (of all channels) The History Channel. If you get the chance to watch Duke on The History Channel, then by all means check it out. Don't know who they are, but there are 2 men on there giving out info about the movie as well as info about the history of, just say, the Alaskan gold rush.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I watched "Cheyenne Autumn" for the first time this weekend. (I've caught parts of it on TV several times, but this is the first time I sat down and watched the entire movie) I've read different reviews that said it was one of John Ford's weakest films, but I didn't see that. I really liked it.

• I watched "Cheyenne Autumn" for the first time this weekend. (I've caught parts of it on TV several times, but this is the first time I sat down and watched the entire movie) I've read different reviews that said it was one of John Ford's weakest films, but I didn't see that. I really liked it.

Those criticisims may arise from the fact that the story rambles to a degree. But I agree - "Cheyenne Autumn" is still a very good film.

"Not hardly!!!"

• The Magnificent Seven (1960)

Seven gunmen defend a small Mexican village aganist a band of outlaws

In my opinion this one of the greatest American made westerns ever. Great story, action, and music. A classic.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town